Contract Type - Permanent
39 hours per week
Employment Type - Full Time
Our Support Office a modern office located close to Old Street and Barbican in central London. This friendly open plan office houses several of the key support functions including Sales, Human Resources, Marketing and Central Revenue. Conveniently located with great transport links the office is the London base for the back office functions of Guoman and Thistle.
The Operational Auditor is primarily responsible for the planning and performance of the financial and operational control audits across the hotels and corporate office functions.
- Manage the hotel Control Self-Assessment (CSA) process, performing validation audits across our London estate, highlighting operational & financial control improvements.
- To champion the CSA program, support management and facilitate ongoing business improvement through the delivery of agreed action plans.
- To assist driving improved risk management processes across the business through the identification of CSA result trends and partner with central business functions such as Finance, Legal, Marketing and Training to develop the risk management processes and ensure appropriate consideration of risk and control in all that we do.
- To undertake audits of various processes, projects and activities including planning, undertaking fieldwork, agreeing findings and agreed actions and drafting audit report, as well as ensuring agreed actions are undertaken in a timely manner.
- To assist in the management of insurances, including liaising with the insurance broker around claims, working with them at renewal and ensuring an effective process that manages the company’s exposure.
- Manage and control expenditure with regards to costs and business performance within agreed budgets to company requirements.
- Be committed to the continuous process of training and developing employees. This includes contributing to the performance appraisal process, succession planning, communication meetings.
What we look for
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- A self-starter that works well under pressure
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Flexible and adaptable
- Used to working in a fast moving, customer facing environment
- CCAB or IIA qualified, or part qualified
- Previous experience in an internal audit role, ideally in a multi-site, commercial environment
- Thorough understanding of internal audit process, techniques and controls
- Hospitality experience would be advantageous
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK and have right documents
What's in it for you?
- Great development opportunities
Discounted rates on hotel rooms, food and drink across the glh group
Interest free season ticket loans (conditions apply)
Access to a 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
Pension and Healthcare Schemes
Generous recommend a friend scheme
Apprenticeship (from Level 2 to Level 5)
Access to discounts and cashback through a huge range of retailers and service providers via our online benefits portal
Great Recognition program
...and many more!