Group Property & Facilities Manager
Contract Type - Permanent
39 hours per week
Employment Type - Full Time
Our Support Office a modern office located close to Old Street and Barbican in central London. This friendly open plan office houses several of the key support functions including Sales, Human Resources, Marketing and Central Revenue. Conveniently located with great transport links the office is the London base for the back office functions of Guoman and Thistle.
The Group Facilities & Safety Manager is a critical senior role, responsible for group-wide property & facilities statutory and safety compliance, reporting to the Head of Property. They will lead several direct reports providing support to hotel operations and properties for all aspects of property maintenance, including technical support, budgeting, management of central contracts, and for building fabric related Health & Safety. The position will be primarily based at the London Support Office and across the London hotels, with some national travel outside of London primarily in the south of the UK.
- Driving and initiating development projects to achieve company goals
- To ensure the business obtains the optimum and best terms on property costs, apex and capex,through negotiated deals with supply chain and working with the Sourcing team
- To effectively manage reactive and planned maintenance regimes to our retail estate, aligned to our business and customer priorities and undertaken to the highest standard throughout the portfolio.
- Create and implement robust approval and implementation procedures for all aspects of the Estate functions with monitoring against projections. Nb for procurement/maintenance/projects etc at Hotel level, should be Central-approved procedures etc,
- To ensure compliance with a legal requirements the company has at Group level in respect of environmental reporting & reducing our impact on the environment.
- Ensure that all statutory and legal obligations are met and to ensure that the portfolio is managed to the highest professional standards, with accurate property database
- Operational facilities management, change management and consolidation and all required due diligence to ensure our staff remain working in a fit for purpose environment. Ensuring all facilities comply with current Health & Safety legislation.
What we look for
- Credible - proven track record at group/strategic level for a multi-site organisation.
- Technical - understanding regulatory requirements for both maintenance and H&S.
- Influence - ability to influence at all levels from executive management through to in-hotel maintenance teams.
- Strong communicator – internally and externally.
- Prioritisation – ability to prioritise business critical workstreams in a dynamic operational environment.
- Stakeholder engagement – Ability to work in a multi-stakeholder environment internally and externally.
- Strong supplier management - understanding how to use external expertise and manage external suppliers.
- Strong financial acumen and ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Experienced in building the right teams, developing resources, talent, and career progression paths.
- Chartered Building Surveyor (MRICS) / Member of Facilities Manager (MIWFM) or equivalent experience.
- Relevant Property Management Degree / Certification.
- Demonstrable and proven experience of working in a senior and supervisory role in Estate Management across large scale property portfolios.
- Demonstrable and proven experience of working commercially, ‘client-side’ and within the high-end Hospitality industry.
- Demonstrable and proven track record of major incident management balancing both the operational and regulatory requirements.
- Strong experience in H&S, risk assessment and safe systems of work, safe task design, working equipment and hazardous substances.
- Demonstrable and proven experience in developing and promoting behavioural safety.
- Demonstrable and proven experience in policy development, implementation and review, process development, legislative compliance.
- Demonstrable and proven experience in analysing audit and management information e.g. analytical tools / systems development and data analysis, performance monitoring and reporting.
- NEBOSH / IOSH H&S qualifications advantageous.
What's in it for you?
- Great development opportunities
- Discounted rates on hotel rooms, food and drink across the glh group
- Interest free season ticket loans (conditions apply)
- Access to a 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- Pension and Healthcare Schemes
- Generous recommend a friend scheme
- Apprenticeship (from Level 2 to Level 5)
- Access to discounts and cashback through a huge range of retailers and service providers via our online benefits portal
- Great Recognition program
- ...and many more!