Assistant Revenue Manager
39 hours per week
The Cumberland Hotel is a 4-star deluxe hotel in the West End of London, just off Oxford Street. The hotel offers a combination of contemporary design throughout 1019 bedrooms, as well as meeting rooms and the modern Brasserie restaurant. The hotel also has its own destination Momentus bar, as well as a dedicated conference centre.
JOB PURPOSE SUMMARY:
This is a hotel-based role, reporting directly into the onsite Hotel Revenue Manager. The overall purpose of the post-holder is to:
- Improve revenue capture - cancellation, no show revenue and selling outside strategy (discounting), force selling last rooms available to achieve 100% occupancy.
- Optimise data across all channels and system use, especially Opera.
- Act as controller for business on the books - reducing risk and improving revenue materialisation
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES / MAIN DUTIES
- Taking direction from the on property revenue management leader, to execute inventory, rate, room type, and pricing strategies and actions accordingly.
- Maximising opportunity for the hotel within the last 24/48 hours prior to date of arrival with dynamic adjustments to rate and distribution to optimise last minute revenue gains
- Applying price strategies
- Ensuring collection of cancellation and non arrival revenue.
- Responsible for the validity of data and system cleanliness within revenue management systems
- Opera - ensuring rates are loaded correctly and bookable, auditing frequently and improving system cleanliness.
- Data optimisation across all channels, owned and third party
- Revenue optimisation of ancillary spend - inclusive meals and premium room types.
- Management of allocations and materialisation reporting under performance to revenue management leader
- Management of meal plan allocations in Opera, auditing frequently.
- Apply overbooking strategies set by revenue management leader and measured by optimum maximum occupancies when possible
- Executing demand generation strategies as defined by the revenue management leader
- Enabling rate overrides are reviewed against defined strategy daily and challenged
- Group contract management - minimising risk and managing wash.
- Approval and management of Friends & Family and travel agency requests
- Ensure that you understand and demonstrate the company’s core values of; Be Passionate, Be Progressive, Do the right thing
- Establish and promote good internal relationships within your team and ensure you treat all our customers and colleagues with care and consideration
- Ensure that you understand and adhere to Company’s brand and service standards
- Engage with the continuous process of training and development including your role in the completion of Reviews; one-to-ones and Performance appraisals
- Complete and comply with all relevant training (including Company policies, Company procedures and policies specific to your place of work). These include, but are not limited to; Health & Safety, Fire, COSHH, Food Safety and Licensing, Fire Procedures, Bomb Procedure and Premises Licensing arrangements. Training may take place via the Company e-learning system or by other means.
What we look for
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Analytical with an eye for data trends and detail
- Ability to plan, prioritise and multitask
- Understanding of internal and external customer needs
- Sound commercial outlook - both revenue and sales focussed
- Passion and humility to learn and develop
- At least 2 years experience in a similar hotel revenue management or reservations role in full service 4 and 5 star properties
- Thorough knowledge of Opera PMS, Opera Reservation Services and Sales & Catering
- Previous experience in using a channel management system - EZ Yield, Rate Tiger, Siteminder
- Basic understanding of hotel distributions systems - EZ Yield, Rate Tiger, Siteminder
- Highly numerate (Maths grade C or higher at GCSE or equivalent)
What's in it for you?
- Competitive starting salary and Holiday entitlement
- Discounted hotel rates for yourself and your family across the Guoman and Thistle group
- A huge range of online benefits which allows you to claim discounts and cash back with thousands of different retailers and service providers
- The opportunity to work within an organisation committed to personal and career development
- Pension and Healthcare schemes
- Uniform (where applicable) and meals on duty