40 hours per week
The Royal Horseguards is a stunning 5 star hotel overlooking the River Thames, close to The Embankment and Trafalgar Square. The hotel has 282 bedrooms, restaurant, bar and terrace area as well as exceptional banqueting facilities at one of London's most prestigious conference and banqueting venues, One Whitehall Place.
Our kitchen teams are dedicated to preparing and delivering delicious and varied food to all of our guests at any time of the day. As a Commis Chef within our Kitchen team, you will have the opportunity to contribute to a fantastic guest experience and learn plenty about food preparation and delivery at the same time.
- A focus on quality, attention to detail and service
- Exposure to high standards of food preparation and presentation
- Basic knowledge and adherence to Health & Safety and Food Hygiene regulations
- Some previous experience of working in an busy, high quality restaurant is desirable
What we look for
- Positive, friendly individuals to join a like minded team
- Basic food knowledge and preparation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Total commitment to customer service
What's in it for you?
- 20 days holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays
- Discounted rates on hotel rooms, food and drink across the glh group
- Interest free season ticket loans (conditions apply)
- Access to a 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- Long Service Awards
- Pension and Healthcare Schemes
- Generous recommend a friend scheme
- Access to discounts and cashback through a huge range of retailers and service providers via our online benefits portal
- Wonderful Person of the month scheme with cash prizes
- Childcare vouchers
- Staff refreshments on shift