The Operations Manager is responsible for departmental P & L expense lines as designated by the General Manager. The Operations Manager also supports cafe senior leadership in upholding all brand standards and core values, while meeting or exceeding Hard Rock business objectives.
• Demonstrate financial comprehension of the cafe’s budget and P&L.
• Serve as a mentor and coach to develop hourly staff members into Hard Rock brand ambassadors and industry leading customer service stewards.
• Manage staff schedules in line with the cafe’s budget and forecast models.
• Successfully run a department and/or cost center.
• Partner across all departments in an effort to support the team in consistent execution of all systems and processes to deliver all products and services to Hard Rock’s brand standards.
• Support senior management in building a highly functional hourly team who share a common vision and values surrounding the overall success of the Cafe.
• Foster an environment of customer service in which all team members put the guest first in every situation.
• Execute established standards for overall guest satisfaction that meet or exceed brand standards as determined by an objective ranking systems.
• Remain an objective observer of the standards of service to ensure guest expectations of the Brand & Cafe are upheld.
• Ability to engage with guests in regards to music both current and past.
• Support senior management in attracting and retaining the most exceptionally talented people available in the market and place them in positions that leverage their skills and expertise for maximum impact.
• Clearly define goals and expectations for team members using performance review tools and hold your team accountable for successful performance.
• Support staff development and advancement along well-defined career paths.
• Serve as a Learning Coach developing, implementing, and executing learning & developmental programs for all individuals under his/her stewardship to drive continuous improvement and employee retention.
• Possess a self-motivated approach to their own personal and professional growth.
What we look for
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND CERTIFICATIONS
• 3+ years in an Operations Managerial role with high volume exposure in a casual- themed, full- service restaurant.
• Ability to learn and bring "out of the box" ideas to their team.
• Genuine enthusiasm and aptitude for serving people.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• High level of business acumen and common sense.
• Demonstrates strong problem solving skills through ability to diagnose and implement solutions.
• Must possess strong communication and listening skills, excellent speaking, reading and writing.
• Comprehend and use technical or professional language, either written or spoken, to communicate complex ideas.
• Ability to effectively pitch and present information in one-on-one and group situations to media, customers, clients, partners and other employees of the organization.
• Multiple language abilities a plus, fluency in English required.
What's in it for you?
- Competitive starting salary and Holiday entitlement
- Discounted hotel rates for yourself and your family across the Guoman and Thistle group
- A huge range of online benefits which allows you to claim discounts and cash back with thousands of different retailers and service providers
- The opportunity to work within an organisation committed to personal and career development
- Pension and Healthcare schemes
- Uniform (where applicable) and meals on duty