Mobile App Developer
Closing Date for this application is 30/06/2021
If this position receives high volumes of applications we reserve the right to close this advert earlier than stated, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Location: Shirebrook / Remote working 2/3 days a week.
Group started as a small store in Maidenhead in 1982 and from there, grew to become a global powerhouse. We are now a collection of the world’s most iconic brands.
We’re reimagining retail and believe the higher the risk, the greater the reward. We’ve never been afraid to push forward and change the way the industry operates, diversifying our portfolio and elevating stores. We’re not sitting back – there’s no room for hesitation.
To stay ambitious, we need a Mobile App Developer who will embrace our heritage as we look to elevate our future. We’re looking for candidates who see the possible in impossible; those who are open-minded and humble, not afraid to take a risk if it’s the best option for our business. Our people are passionate about the business and their area of expertise – whether that’s luxury fashion buying or sportswear analytics.
As part of this role you will be responsible for development of our multi-tenant mobile platform:
- Demonstrating analytical and programming skills across a range of platforms.
- Interpreting requirements into working code.
- Continually improving skills, utilising provided training materials, and seeking to expand business knowledge.
- Working to an Agile Development Process.
- Developing, testing and implementing code to departmental standards.
- Working to plans / deadlines provided, escalating issues as appropriate.
- Producing just enough documentation and ensure proposed solutions are fit for purpose.
- Providing ad-hoc analysis and reports.
- Ensuring that communication to the business is professional, clear and appropriate.
- Performing maintenance programming and correction of defects.
- Building and maintaining working relationships with key business users.
- Working closely with other teams to ensure successful technical solution delivery.
- Demonstrating a proven track record of design, development and testing of architecturally robust and scalable solutions.
- Showing strong problem solving skills with the capability to analyse existing systems for enhancement.
Essential Skills / Experience
- React Native
Desirable Skills / Experience
- iOS Native development – Obj-C or Swift
- Android Native development – Java
- Build systems – XCode, Gradle