Fitness Experience Manager - Southport
salary - £20,000 -£21,000 per annum
Closing Date for this application is 14/08/2021
If this position receives high volumes of applications we reserve the right to close this advert earlier than stated, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
“TO EMPOWER OUR MEMBERS TO FIND THEIR GREATNESS WITHIN”!!
The Fitness Experience Manager is responsible for commercially managing all aspects of the fitness experience of each and every member.
They are the driver of member fitness based retention systems and to ensure a positive member experience starting at the new member journey and continuing throughout their membership.
They are a brand ambassador and live the Everlast values to create an engaging, friendly, productive and enjoyable fitness environment for its members and team members alike.
In addition they are responsible for driving and bringing the group training signature products to life both on the gym floor and within the studios.
Need to be:
- Qualified to a minimum of NVQ level 3 in Fitness Instruction or equivalent.
- Must have had previous experience of Group Training preferably in both the studio and or on the gym floor (ETM not essential).
- First Aid, Emergency Responder and Pool Plant qualified (Wet sites only).
- Everlast would be willing to train if required.
- Of high competency and possess confidence to instruct groups of members taking part in group training sessions.
- Of strong leadership ability, able to build great relationships with members, freelance Instructors, Personal Trainers and Fitness Coaches.
- Driven and ambitious with a keen desire to learn and develop both behaviours and competencies specific to the role.
- A change agent, utilising the strong relationships built with key personnel and therefore able to implement new products and initiatives as and when required.
- Able to drop into operational key holder duties as and when the business requires.
- A role model for health and fitness and be able to articulate and demonstrate all associated products
- Commercially aware, with the ability to understand fitness as a business, change and react to an everchanging landscape in the industry.
- Flexible with shift patterns.
Need to Act:
- With confidence and enthusiasm creating an engaging fitness experience for all members.
- With a positive attitude and be solution focused, especially during challenging times.
- In a manner demonstrative of a strong leader, always taking full ownership and accountability of the overall fitness product and leading by example with a positive mindset.
- With resilience and tenacity, to be able to change the approach and never give in.
- With courage, taking complete ownership and accountability of all set KPI’s.
- Be an influencer over key personnel to ensure they are all heading on the same path.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To have a commercially viable group fitness timetable offering an attractive variation of group training (whether studio or gym based.
- To manage group fitness to a weekly budget, adapting and growing the timetable through internal training and development of key personnel and managing timetable cost reductions through seasonal and situational periods.
- To be competent in managing fitness income and costs via a p&l and reacting to overspend and income opportunities where appropriate.
- To be an ambassador for signature group training products being a train-the-trainer, coach and leader of these products.
- To increase secondary revenue by driving new PT leads to the Rental Trainers and assist with helping them deliver exceptional training programmes and sessions for their clients.
- To improve product and health and fitness competency levels of all colleagues enabling every member of staff to engage with members, prospects and guests resulting in improved member retention.
- Engage with every member and signpost them to the products we have on offer, driving secondary revenue streams whilst creating member habits and adherence to the club.
- To deliver exceptional tours to prospects and guests whilst achieving higher than average conversion rates.
- Deliver member welcome sessions to new members and guests whilst positively influencing conversion rates into group training, studio training and member retention strategies (paid and unpaid).
- Deliver as a minimum, 4 gym floor-based and 2 studio based classes per week
- Build strong relationships both influencing freelance instructors whilst also managing their performance.
- Carry out routine instructor performance reviews to make sure that they are creating engaging member experience each and every time.
- Take the appropriate action with any underperforming classes ensuring capacity and cost per head KPI’s are being met.
- Ensure that class cancellations are effectively managed and a substitute class provided where necessary.
- Lead by example with brand standards at all times.
- Ensure all fitness related marketing and POS is related to the correct campaign and displayed in the correct location as per the marketing brief.