Technical Manager (Food)- Hull
Our busy Hull Bakery is located on Lorraine Street, Stoneferry, situated on the east bank of the River Hull.
Technical Manager (Food)
Are you a Food Technical expert looking for a new challenge?
Are you looking to be part of a fast-growing company and support our ambition to attain BRC accreditation?
We are looking for an organised, experienced and passionate self-starter to join our Compliance Team as our Technical Manager at one of our Bakeries. This is a newly created role to the business and a great opportunity for you to play a key part in shaping the Compliance strategy.
Reporting into our Group Compliance Manager; we’re looking for a forward thinking and proactive individual who has some great experience gained within the Food industry….and a passion for making a difference.
Your duties will include:
• Lead QA Management on the designated site to achieve BRC accreditation in the long term
• Responsible for ensuring all aspects of our food safety quality management systems
• Assist Compliance Manager in the implementation of traceability system within bakery
• Responsible for completion of internal site audits and ensuring a robust auditing programme is embedded
• Creation, monitoring and review of HACCP, TACCP & VACCP plans
• Lead on site HACCP Team and manage improvements plans
• Creating a Food Safety & Quality culture on site
• Manage all non-conformance, customer complaints investigations to resolution
• Manage microbiological sampling programme
• Complete technical update reports including performance data, complaint trends and improvement plans
The successful candidate will:
• Have previous experience in a technical role within retail, food service or manufacturing
• Excellent knowledge and experience of HACCP & quality procedure
• Supplier management/auditing skills
• Food Hygiene / HACCP (Level 4) qualification
• Experience of BRC Standard
• Ability to lead and motivate individuals setting clear priorities and goals and measuring against these
• Excellent communication skills with ability to build relationships and share best practice
• Proactive, innovative, flexible, and co-operative approach to work
• Ability to work in a changing and flexible organisation
Is this you? Apply today!
Progression & Career opportunities
Learning & Development
Employee Assistance Programme
30% staff discount, 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) to start, rising up to 33 days with long service, You will automatically join our pension scheme which is a great way to save for retirement and benefit from employer contributions and tax advantages