HGV Driver - Durham
Our Durham Bakery and Offices are situated in the Land of the Prince Bishops - home to the famous Norman Cathedral and Castle surrounded by the River Wear. We are just off the A1 and north on the Dragonville Industrial Estate. Do you have what it “bakes” to join us?
People are the heart of everything we do here at Cooplands. We aim to provide a friendly and positive place to work where there are possibilities for development and progression. We have a large expansion plan with new stores opening, so we are always on the lookout for drivers to join our team.
About the Role
We are seeking a reliable person to drive our 18 tonne vehicles on multi-drop routes to our shops and wholesale customers.
• Includes early starts (approx. 3am - 3.30am) across 7 days - no Sundays until next year & will be paid at time and a half
• Working approximately 7 hour shifts, on a rolling 7 week rota (see below)
• Minimum 40 hours guaranteed each week
• Any hours worked over the 160 in the 4 week period paid at time and a half
• Paid rest break
7 Week Rota :
Week 1: working 6 days
Week 2: working 4 days
Week 3: working 6 days
Week 4: working 4 days
Week 5: working 6 days
Week 6: working 5 days
Week 7: working 5 days
3.5 ton/Grandfather Rights License £10.20
Class 2 £12.00 Dayshift rate – hours after 5.00 a.m.
£13.00 Nightshift rate – hours 10.00 p.m. – 5.00 a.m.
All hours will be paid at appropriate rate depending on start time e.g. 4.00 a.m. start will be paid £13.00 for all hours worked
• Must hold a licence that covers this type of vehicle and hold your Full Driver CPC (35 hours)
• Legal entitlement to work in the UK (e.g. Valid VISA or Work Permit for non EU residents)
• 30 days holiday (including bank holidays), rising to 33 days after 2 years
• 30% staff discount
• Automatic enrolment into our pension scheme