Health & Safety Advisor (Food)
Our busy Hull Bakery is located on Lorraine Street, Stoneferry, situated on the east bank of the River Hull.
We are looking for an organised and experienced Health & Safety Advisor to join our Compliance Team at one of our Bakeries. This is a newly created role to the business and a great opportunity for you to play a key part in our growth journey.
Reporting into our Group Compliance Manager; we’re looking for a forward thinking and proactive individual with a strong background in Health & Safety, ideally within a manufacturing/food environment.
Your duties will include:
• Deliver H&S strategies to support Bakery Management to improve site H & S culture
• Monitor manufacturing of products to ensure all H & S validation and verification documentation for overall compliance
• Managing Health and Safety committees at each site
• Creation and review of risk assessments and safe working procedures
• Co-ordinate all aspects of health and staff training at site including new employee inductions
• Conduct site health and safety inspections and ensure remedial actions are completed in a timely manner
• Management of all health and safety reporting on site, focussing on a continuous improvement mentality
• Completion of all scheduled H & S monitoring and equipment checks
The successful candidate will:
• Ideally have previous experience in a food manufacturing environment
• Experience of inspection / auditing management systems
• Proven track record of delivering HSE improvements
• Understanding of safety culture development
• Excellent communication skills with ability to build relationships and share best practice
• Ability to prioritise and organise workload
• Proactive, innovative, flexible, and co-operative approach to work
• Ability to work in a changing and flexible organisation
• NEBOSH General (minimum)
Is this you? Apply today!
- Competitive salary
- 33 days holiday including bank holidays
- Further training