Testing and Compliance Specialist
London, England, United Kingdom
THE ALLSAINTS TEAM
Here at AllSaints we are proud to be a customer centric global team. Our vision is to make the coolest clothes to evoke emotion for our customers, worldwide.
Everything about our style and creativity is curated in-house, from store design and construction to our brand image, digital presence and clothing design. We are truly an agile business: we work at pace and take responsibility for making a difference.
We are a brand embarking on a very exciting plan and we are seeking new members of the team who want to contribute to this.
The Technical Department at AllSaints are responsible for the overall quality of all AllSaints products.
As an experienced Testing and Compliance Specialist you will report to the Technical Manager, whilst building tight knit relationship with the Design, PD, Buying, Pattern Room Teams and Vendors, to ensure the quality of the finished products reaches the Allsaints high standards. AllSaints prides itself on our employee’s abilities to collaborate and work collectively, so being a team player is also at the top of our list!
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
- Managing and updating the Company Supplier Manual
- Managing and updating the Company Care Label manual and ensuring all the relevant languages and care advice are added to ensure bulk stock is compliant for all regions
- Managing and updating the Company testing manual to ensure the most up to date testing methods are followed
- Support the buying teams and Global teams, in assessing existing testing methods and implementing new testing standards and provide training where needed
- Working with wholesale team to check and ensure products are compliant for all required regions
- Work with Nominated laboratories to carry out seasonal garment spot check testing
- Helping risk assess products at buying stage to reduce bulk quality issues
- Prepare monthly summaries of all compliance issues or updates to the Technical Manager
- Manage the Vendor/ facility social compliance database and documentation.
- Work with the Senior Technologists on the quarterly vendor score cards
- Provide testing and compliance support for AllSaints Group brands
- A good knowledge of Sustainability would be beneficial with regards to the processes involved in accreditation
WHAT SKILLS DO I NEED FOR THIS ROLE?
- Formal Qualification, preferably in garment Technology or a related field, or equivalent work experience in Quality Assurance.
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English.
- Proven relevant quality management experience.
- Strategic thinker and strong analytical and presentation skills.
- Good business acumen, including superior written and verbal communication skills, presentation skills, and organizational abilities.
- Demonstrated success managing new initiatives while meeting operating and budgetary requirements.
- Analyze problems, detect root causes and resolve all issues.
- Must have experience of carrying out AQL inspections at a factory level as well as head office experience.
- Excellent time management, planning, organization and prioritization skills.
- Multiproduct experience necessary.
- Ability to travel at short notice if required.
ABOUT THE STORE AND TEAM
You’ll be working in our East London Studios based in London’ vibrant Shoreditch with perks and benefits offered from local businesses including discounts on food, shopping and health & beauty. Studio Location. Approximately a 10 minute walk from Liverpool Street Station and a 5 minute walk from Shoreditch High Street.
WHAT WE STAND FOR
Customer Centric We work as one proud team to get the best for our customers
One Team We are joined up and encourage others to share their ideas
Work at Pace We know our goals, and we work with clear outcomes in mind
Be Responsible We are self aware, understand the impact we have on others and are positive about the future
Your career matters to us and we will do what it takes to help you on your journey in life. You’ll be challenging yourself and your leadership. The opportunities will be there and you’ll be working within an environment that rewards hard work and innovation. Internal promotion is the norm not the exception and you’ll be supported in your ambition to reach the next step of your career.
You’ll be working in our East London Studios based in London’ vibrant Shoreditch with perks and benefits offered from local businesses including discounts on food, shopping and health & beauty. In addition to this we offer a competitive pay and benefits package that includes an amazing employee uniform allowance and discount.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we very much look forward to working with you.