Bakery Days - Production Operative
Our Durham Bakery and Offices are situated in the Land of the Prince Bishops - home to the famous Norman Cathedral and Castle. We are just off the A1 on the Dragonville Industrial Estate.
This is a fast-paced role in the bakery, preparing, baking and packing products for our busy retail outlets and partners. You will work in a close-knit team, following procedures to produce the best quality products for our customers.
• Comfortable with prepring, handling and baking products
• Packing orders for our retail outlets and wholesale partners
• Following processes and procedures in a fast-paced environment where timescales are important
• Ensuring specifications are met so all products are consistent and safe
• Maintaining high levels of housekeeping and supporting with cleaning
• Taking pride to ensure all work is completed in line with quality and health & safety standards
Skills, Know-How & Experience
• Experience of working in a team in a fast-paced environment
• Comfortable with long periods of standing, lifting and carrying
• Excellent hygiene standards
• Experience in a food production role is advantageous but not essential as full training will be given
• Flexibility, as team members work to finish, rather than to a fixed time
Our roles require being on your feet, handling, preparing and baking food, some lifting and carrying, as well as other tasks such as packing, in a fast-paced environment. Working days, the current shift patterns for this vacancy may include weekends. You could start as early as 5.00 a.m. and work to finish.
Rate of Pay starting at £9.02 per hour
- 30% staff discount
- 28 days holiday (including Bank Holidays), rising to 33 days with service
- You will automatically join our pension scheme which is a great way to save for retirement