Relief Shop Manager-Scarborough
This is an exciting time to join Cooplands!
Do you want to work for a business really going places?
Do you want to make a difference and support the growth of our Brand and business?
- Lead a high performing and successful team which achieves targets and provides a fantastic shopping experience to our valued customers.
- Lead and motivate a team to achieve sales targets, to control stock and meet high standards of customer service, display and hygiene
- Achieve sales and profitability targets and discuss performance regularly with the Area Manager
- Support and develop the team alongside delivering training
- Administrative tasks such as keeping all records up to date, staff training, rotas, payroll, health and safety, dates for stock rotation
- Deliver a swift and friendly service to every customer consistently
- Responsible for planning and leading shifts throughout the week, cashing up and opening and closing the shop
- Encourage a hardworking but fun environment in which your team members can fulfil their potential
- Prepare food, handle money, use the till and keep displays vibrant and the shop clean and tidy
- Work on the ovens, cooking pies, pasties and a range of hot food - when required
- Upsell appropriately to customers to increase shop sales
- Support profit protection through effective cost control
Skills, know-how and experience
- Proven track record of experience in customer service within a retail or catering background
- Efficient planning, organisational, numeracy and computing skills
- Leadership skills to inspire your team to deliver great results
- High standards and the passion to ensure the shop reaches them
- Problem solving skills and the ability to communicate with a wide range of different people
- Ability to problem solve, be self-motivated and be enthusiastic about Cooplands and our sales
- Excellent communication skills
Minimum 1 year experience in management role, ideally in retail or catering industry
- 30% staff discount
- 28 days holiday (including Bank Holidays), increasing to 33 days with service
- You will automatically join our pension scheme