IMMEDIATE START | FULL-TIME 45 HOURS PER WEEK | GREAT BENEFITS
We are looking for a talented individual to join our team in the capacity of a Waiter / Waitress to be part of our dynamic and friendly Food & Beverage team at Vintry & Mercer Hotel located in The City (EC4V 2AU).
ABOUT THE ROLE
Your role as a Waiter / Waitress will come with the following responsibilities:
• To provide a professional & charming service to the standards as described in the Standard Operating Procedures and Training Manual.
• To understand the concept and positioning of the F&B concepts and to be able to communicate this to guests.
• To work as required in Vintry Kitchen, Mercer Roof Terrace, DND and Room Service.
• To be confident in relaying product knowledge to the guest and tailor service delivery to the requirements of each individual guest.
• To deliver the vision of the Apero bar and The Drawing Room coffee & Champagne concept to the seated guest, using table side theatre, knowledge and charm.
• To build relationships with regular guests in order to encourage repeat custom by offering an informed, courteous service.
• To uphold good housekeeping practices (i.e. neat and correct storage) to ensure safe, clean and pleasant working environment.
• To ensure proper care of furniture, fixtures and equipment within the outlet and back of house areas related to the outlet.
• To be flexible to carry out other duties and assignments as requested by the Senior Management team.
The job description given above is intended as a guide only and is in no way meant to limit the scope of duties associated with the role.
Functional Skills, Knowledge and Experience
• A minimum of 6-12 months of experience in an establishment of a similar standard
• A good knowledge of classical and modern cuisine and wines.
• A knowledge of condiments and accompaniments.
• A good knowledge of cocktails, spirits and other beverages.
• Team Player
• Outstanding Customer Service
Social Skills and Experience
To possess the ability to communicate with guests and colleagues in order to project a positive image of the Vintry & Mercer Hotel. The ability to maintain hotel standards of work under pressure.
A LITTLE ABOUT US
Vintry Kitchen is a relaxed, all day eatery on the ground floor, serving café-style classics and fantastic vegan and vegetarian dishes, there’s something for everyone from morning to night. Wine is central to our approach — close to the hotel, merchant sailors landing from Bordeaux used to store their wines. At Vintry Kitchen, our wine is tapped straight from the large barrels lining the gantry, and can be enjoyed at the bar or with a meal.
MERCER ROOF TERRACE
Mercer Roof Terrace, on the top floor of Vintry & Mercer, takes in the sweep of London’s skyline, from the dome of St Paul’s Cathedral to the glass tip of The Shard. Here guests can dine al fresco above the city lights. Inside, the atmosphere is warm and convivial, with floor-to-ceiling glass doors opening wide to the night’s sky.
Vintry & Mercer’s speakeasy-style cocktail bar hidden in the hotel’s basement. The mood is one of retro glamour and sophistication – a reflection of the notorious prohibition speakeasies that crept into the back streets of 1920’s New York.
If you feel you have what it takes to be a part of our unique team, have a passion for going that extra mile and have exceptional experience, then we would love to hear from you!
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.