IMMEDIATE START | FULL-TIME 45 HOURS PER WEEK | GREAT BENEFITS
We are looking for a talented individual to join us in the capacity of a Bartender to be part of our dynamic and friendly Food & Beverage team at Vintry & Mercer Hotel located in The City (EC4V 2AU).
ABOUT THE ROLE
Your role as Bartender will come with the following responsibilities:
• To deliver an inspirational experience for the guest from the moment they arrive to the moment they leave.
• To promote the concept of DND with passion and enthusiasm to all guests and to the bar team.
• To actively keep up to date on current bar trends and to encourage the rest of the bar team to do the same.
• To be aware of emerging bar trends and how they may impact the hotel and to play an active role in the London bar scene representing and to promote Vintry & Mercer.
• To display a full knowledge of the food and beverage menu with regards to contents, mise-en-place and accompaniments/condiments.
• To ensure that bar is fully stocked prior to and during service with relevant equipment - i.e. wet & dry stock, glassware, ice, napkins etc. - and clean and tidy at all times.
• To close down the bar at the end of service ensuring that the outlet is left clean and tidy. To ensure that all stock and equipment are securely locked away when closing the bar.
• To ensure proper care of furniture, fixtures and equipment within the outlet and back of house areas related to the outlet. Malfunctions should be reported to the Head Bartender.
• To uphold good housekeeping practices (i.e. neat and correct storage) to ensure safe, clean and pleasant working environment.
The job description given above is intended as a guide only and is in no way meant to limit the scope of duties associated with the role.
Training and Qualifications
• A member of the UK Bartenders Guild would be advantageous.
• A basic WSET in Wine & Spirits would be beneficial.
Functional Skills, Knowledge and Experience
• A minimum of 2 years in an establishment of a similar standard.
• A thorough knowledge of cocktails, spirits and other beverages is essential.
• A thorough knowledge of classical and modern cuisine and wine.
• Showmanship and creativity is desirable.
• To be competent on all setup procedures and service skills as described in the main duties.
Social Skills and Experience
To possess the ability to communicate with guests and staff in order to project a positive image of the Bar. The ability to maintain hotel standards of work under pressure.
A LITTLE ABOUT US
Vintry Kitchen is a relaxed, all day eatery on the ground floor, serving café-style classics and fantastic vegan and vegetarian dishes, there’s something for everyone from morning to night. Wine is central to our approach — close to the hotel, merchant sailors landing from Bordeaux used to store their wines. At Vintry Kitchen, our wine is tapped straight from the large barrels lining the gantry, and can be enjoyed at the bar or with a meal.
MERCER ROOF TERRACE
Mercer Roof Terrace, on the top floor of Vintry & Mercer, takes in the sweep of London’s skyline, from the dome of St Paul’s Cathedral to the glass tip of The Shard. Here guests can dine al fresco above the city lights. Inside, the atmosphere is warm and convivial, with floor-to-ceiling glass doors opening wide to the night’s sky.
Vintry & Mercer’s speakeasy-style cocktail bar hidden in the hotel’s basement. The mood is one of retro glamour and sophistication – a reflection of the notorious prohibition speakeasies that crept into the back streets of 1920’s New York.
If you feel you have what it takes to be a part of our unique team, have a passion for going that extra mile and have exceptional experience, then we would love to hear from you!
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.