IMMEDIATE START | FULL-TIME 45 HOURS PER WEEK | GREAT BENEFITS
We are looking for a talented individual to join our team in the capacity of Waiter / Waitress to work in the Apero restaurant located on the lower level of the Ampersand Hotel in South Kensington.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Your role as Waiter / Waitress will come with the following responsibilities:
• Delivering an inspirational experience for the guest from the moment they arrive to the moment they leave.
• To deliver the vision of the Apero bar and The Drawing Room coffee & Champagne concept to the seated guest, using table side theatre, knowledge and charm.
• Building relationships with regular guests in order to encourage repeat custom by offering an informed, courteous service.
• Contributing the wow factor to all guest experiences by providing thoughtful and individual service with clever and unexpected touches.
• Be confident in relaying your product knowledge to the guest and tailor service delivery to the requirements of each individual guest.
• To be flexible to carry out other duties and assignments as requested by the Senior Management team.
The job description given above is intended as a guide only and is in no way meant to limit the scope of duties associated with the role.
Functional Skills, Knowledge and Experience
• A minimum of 6-12 months of experience in an establishment of a similar standard
• A good knowledge of classical and modern cuisine and wines.
• A knowledge of condiments and accompaniments.
• A good knowledge of cocktails, spirits and other beverages.
• Team Player
• Outstanding Customer Service
Social Skills and Experience
To possess the ability to communicate with guests and colleagues in order to project a positive image of the Apero and Drawing Rooms. The ability to maintain hotel standards of work under pressure.
A LITTLE ABOUT US
Apero, tucked beneath the Victorian cellar arches of The Ampersand Hotel, brings a shot of fresh Mediterranean style to the heart of South Kensington. Apero is an intimate, laidback restaurant in Kensington where you can catch up over a shared plate of something deliciously simple and modern. The space is softly lit, with cool white metro tiles and exposed brick walls. Menus inspired by the Mediterranean’s best ingredients and the region’s most enduring flavours are popular with both locals and hotel guests, who gather here from breakfast to late evening.
The buzzy bar, tended by staff with a real passion for what they serve, is an understated but elegant place to get into the ‘aperitivo’ spirit with a signature cocktail or glass of wine before dinner.
THE DRAWING ROOM
Enjoy our award-winning Science Afternoon tea in the comfort of our ‘salon de thé’.
Part English drawing room, part ‘salon de thé’, this is the place to enjoy pretty pastries, exceptional teas and freshly pressed coffees in South Kensington. It is here that we serve our one-of-a-kind Science Afternoon Tea, completely unique to The Ampersand. Having won Best Themed Afternoon Tea at the Afternoon Tea Awards 2018, it is gaining huge popularity in London now. You can expect a mix of exciting and curious dishes, from jellies served in petri dishes, to chocolate spacemen and dinosaur biscuits.
Alongside our Afternoon Tea, we also serve all-day light bites, which makes us popular with our Kensington neighbours, as well as those who want a meeting in a quiet corner of our discrete London address. The feeling is both intimate and buzzing, with sunshine pouring in through the large Victorian windows.
If you feel you have what it takes to be a part of our unique team, have a passion for going that extra mile and have exceptional experience, then we would love to hear from you!
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.