Are you passionate about building envelopes and are looking to join a dynamic and growing business? Do you share our vision of bringing innovation to the construction industry?
If so, we look forward to hearing your ideas with the possibility to joining our team!
We are looking for a Quality Engineer.
Role seniority will be based on the candidate's experience.
• Lead innovation in quality management across the whole supply chain.
• Create project quality documents such as Project Quality Plan, Inspection Test Plan and Inspection Records.
• Develop and implement quality solutions and business processes.
• Prioritise developments and roll-out of quality solutions in view of business impacts.
• Coach quality controllers and ensure quality levels are maintained in all plants and sites.
• Carry out internal audits to ensure procedures are followed and identify areas for improvement.
• Collecting, analysing and reporting of non-compliances data.
• Planning, implementing and coordinating corrective and preventive actions.
• Supplier audits and classification based on risks and opportunities assessments.
• Drive lean methodologies across the business.
• Evaluate and obtain all required certification for all offices and plants.
• Bachelor degree in engineering. Preferably having a Six Sigma or similar certification.
• Experience in the cladding industry or manufacturing is preferred.
• Ability to interpret assembly and manufacturing drawings and specifications.
• In-depth knowledge of ISO 9001, ISO 14001, BS OHSAS 18001 and ISO 45001.
• Problem solving with the ability to assimilate and critique potential solutions and opinions.
• Knowledge of building regulations, CWCT guidelines and relevant standards.
• Quality driven engineer with passion for excellence and high attention to details.
• Team player with ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
• Excellent communicator with a customer-oriented attitude.
• Motivated professional with willingness to travel.
• Fluent in English.
ASFD Ltd is the design and engineering team of McMullen Facades. Our mission is to bring excellence and innovation to the cladding industry, delivering fully engineered façade solutions and making positive impacts to the built environment. With 500+ staff across design, manufacturing and installation, we have offices in England, Northern Ireland, and Switzerland.
We are building a dynamic and forward-thinking working environment, embracing technology as a means for digital transformation, whilst keeping people at its core. Across the team we have over four decades of experience in the successful delivery of some of the most iconic projects in Europe and Middle East.
ASFD and McMullen are part of the established JRL Group, providing integrated construction solutions and delivering complex real estate projects. Today, the group encompasses 14 divisions and has a turnover in excess of £600m and growing.
The position is based in 4 Elstree Way, Borehamwood WD6 1RN and work in close collaboration with Northern Ireland, Switzerland and England offices.
Located just outside of North London, the office boasts a vibrant high street with restaurants and shops. It is easily accessible via the A1, M25 or by a 5-10 mins walk from the Elstree & Borehamwood Station (Thameslink overground), which trains run to Kings Cross in approx. 17 mins.
As part of our team, you will work in an agile and innovative environment, using state-of-the-art tools to contribute to the design and engineering of challenging façades across the UK. We are a collaborative, technically strong and innovative team and having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us.
Other benefits include:
• Competitive salary
• Company pension scheme
• Private healthcare insurance
• Flexible working time
• Opportunity for fast progression and exposure to the most exciting construction projects
• Dedicated training, mentoring and career development
• Newly refurbished gym and multi-purpose studio
• In-house barista and subsidised cafeteria
• Team building and sport events
With an ambitious strategy, we are poised for further growth and success. If you are curious, committed and passionate about building envelopes, ASFD is the perfect place to progress with your career.