The JRL Group is a dynamic & innovative, national construction group constructed of 14+ divisions across civils, build and the built environment allowing us to offer a full turnkey service under one roof and are ever expanding.
Since 1996 we have grown from a business specialising in sub and super structures to a multi-million pound construction group head quartered in North London housing depots in Biggleswade, Elstree, Peterborough and Nottingham.
We are looking for a Yard Manager to join our Biggleswade Yard team.
This fast paced role will require you to be an experienced yard manager, which is able to oversee all operations in the plant & logistics yard.
Hours: Monday-Friday 7am-5pm (1 hour break)
Duration: Long term, permanent
Start Date: ASAP
Roles and responsibilities:
• Managing a 6 acre depot to co-ordinate all servicing, repairs, welding, painting and cleaning of our construction machinery and industry related products.
• Leading a team of 20-30 in a yard and workshop environment.
• Maintaining high health & safety standards
• Prioritising Workloads
• Management of labour
• Complete yard organization & security
Skills and Qualities:
• Knowledge of vehicle & plant painting.
• Knowledge of welding.
• Experience in running a yard, construction/plant hire with plant hire experience
• Experience in welding, paint spraying, mechanic, loading and unloading
• Knowledge of machine and tool, servicing and repairs.
• NEBOSH or IOSH Qualified
• Competitive salary with confidence of working for an established and growing company
• Pension Scheme
• Possible career growth for the right candidate
• An opportunity to work on some of the nation’s most exciting Construction projects
• A stimulating & dynamic environment
• Dedicated Training & Development Department
• Team bonding events
• We endeavor to work closely with chosen charities which we encourage our employees to participate and contribute
• Onsite parking.
• Medical Insurance