Our Purchasing department is a busy working environment. We ensure that the best materials are sourced through close
liaison with suppliers and internal departments. Through our attention to detail we have established a strong reputation
for first class service and reliability.
Role & Responsibilities:
As a Buyer you will be responsible for ensuring that materials required for all projects are provided to schedule and
according to projected budgets. The buying department plays a vital role in the profitability of contracts. Although not
an exhaustive list, your duties will include:
• Sourcing and procurement of raw materials, components, equipment and parts against designs and bills
• Report to Management on a regular basis on budget management and allocation;
• Support production continuity by ensuring materials are purchased to meet timelines required;
• Sourcing of new or alternative materials;
• Sending enquiries, collating and reviewing quotes;
• Visiting and auditing suppliers to assess performance, capacity and quality processes;
• Maintaining the purchasing management systems;
• Producing project cost/value reports;
• Opening accounts with new suppliers and managing supplier portfolios;
• Meeting with suppliers representatives to negotiate prices and build rapport;
• Reconciliation and close out of supplier related NCR’s
• Feedback of information to estimating department;
• Attending contract handover meetings;
• Attending regular project meetings;
• Instigating and finalising Supplier Performance Reviews
• Regular liaison with the Purchasing Manager.
In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the job holder is required to perform other duties assigned by the
Senior Buyers from time to time. This will be in accordance with the level of training skills and abilities, which the job
holder has or indeed achieves.
You will have previous experience as a buyer in a manufacturing/construction environment.
The successful candidate will be able to thrive and develop in a demanding role.
You will be a proactive and enthusiastic member of the team and have impeccable communication skills as this role will involve extensive interdepartmental,
supplier, site and client communication.
• Three GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grade C or above, to include
Mathematics and English
• 2+ years’ experience in purchasing within an Engineering/
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft office, in particular Word,
Excel and Outlook
• Ability to work on own initiative while contributing effectively
to a team environment
• Ability to display a proactive, professional approach