Electrical Design Engineer
- Competitive salary, with confidence of working for an established and growing company.
- Company Pension Scheme.
- Private Healthcare.
- Opportunity for progression within the business.
- An opportunity to work on some of the nation’s most exciting Construction projects.
- Dedicated Training & Development Department.
- A stimulating & dynamic environment.
- Newly refurbished Gym & Multi-purpose Studio in Head Office.
- In-house barista.
- Subsidised Cafeteria.
- Team bonding events.
- Sporting Events – perfect for the keen cyclist/runner.
With an ambitious strategy, we’re poised for further growth and success, so if you’re committed, talented and enthusiastic, the JRL Group is the right place for you.
Ark Mechanical & Electrical Services was created in line with the JRL Group’s philosophy of ‘owning the solution’. With MEP vital to the success of every project, the Group identified that dividing the package had the potential to adversely affect the critical path. Taking control of this, Ark M&E provides a complete mechanical, electrical and public health (MEP) solution for large complex residential projects.
We require an Electrical Design Engineer to join our Technical team at our head office in Borehamwood.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Defining the installation requirements of electrical systems and components
- Responsible for undertaking electrical services design including lighting, small power, fire alarms, CCTV and security system
- Preparation and configuration of standard and custom wiring drawings
- Performing electrical load analysis
- The selection and application of materials and processes appropriate to each design element
- Supporting Mechanical Design Engineers within the group with guidance on electrical issues
- Supporting problem solving during manufacturing build process and through aftermarket queries
- HV/ LV designing
- Producing lighting and cable calculations using Amtech and Dialux
- Coordinate with the 2D and 3D CAD and Revit MEP teams to create models
- Perform the role of Electrical Design Lead at internal and external design review meetings.
- Supervising and mentoring an electrical design team to ensure the quality of the design output and achievement of deadlines throughout the project.
- Evaluating technical requirements and providing viable solutions
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge/qualifications in Electrical Building Services Engineering design
- Autodesk CAD and Microsoft Office packages
- Experience of site works including mechanical condition surveys and snagging/inspection during construction works, experience of commissioning witnessing
- Experience in specification writing (NBS or NES type) would be beneficial
- Experience in thermal modelling/EPC assessment would be beneficial
- Experience of sustainable design solutions
- Knowledge and application of Building Regulations (Part L, Part F etc.) and appropriate British Standards (heating, natural gas, pipework systems etc.)
- Knowledge of RIBA Plan of Work/BSRIA Building Services Design Framework process
- Ability to manage workload of multiple projects and prioritise workload
- Working as part of a team or autonomously
- Writing and verbal communications
- Analysing and problem solving
- Membership of professional engineering institution (CIBSE/IMechE/IET) – preferred but not essential. We will support candidates looking to progress to CEng/IEng or EngTech level