Salary: Competitive salary & benefits
The home to MDS (Midgard Design Services), our Putney office faces East-Putney overground station and neighbours Clapham & Wandsworth.
- Competitive salary, with confidence of working for an established and growing company.
- Company Pension Scheme.
- Private Healthcare.
- Opportunity for progression within the business.
- An opportunity to work on some of the nation’s most exciting Construction projects.
- Dedicated Training & Development Department.
- A stimulating & dynamic environment.
- Team bonding events.
- Sporting Events – perfect for the keen cyclist/runner.
With an ambitious strategy, we’re poised for further growth and success, so if you’re committed, talented and enthusiastic, the JRL Group is the right place for you.
Senior Architect / Senior Project Lead
Required Skills & Experience
- Project running experience and full delivery.
- Managed other architects and junior staff under them.
- Experience in UK residential sector preferred.
- Experience in managing more than a single project at a time.
- Making decisions, acting on own initiative and operating in a pro-active way
- Excellent knowledge of UK Building Regulations, construction methodology and build sequence understanding
- Excellent Project Management & client facing skills
- Understanding the difference between design priorities and construction priorities during the project life cycle.
Roles & Responsibilities
- To lead the Project from Tender through Construction to completion under the guidance of their Director.
- Able to comment and coordinate technical architectural and façade detail drawings.
- Able to meet client team, internal design team and all consultants to bring the project together.
- Ability to specify materials and products needed for construction.
- Dealing with sub-consultants, appointments, fees, scope of services etc.
- Prepare and send Weekly Project Reports / Updates covering design status, decisions required, programme updates
- Ability to manage project IRS and design team deliverables.
- Managing the Revit coordination and clash detection process between all design consultants.
- Understanding various construction programmes- Concrete framework/ slabs, fit out and façade.
- Resolving issues that come up during construction, liaising with contractors and sub-contractors.