• Engineering design of state-of-the-art and bespoke cladding systems.
• Engage with Clients, statutory bodies, and other stakeholders.
• Manage building physics deliverables across diverse projects, from design conception through to detailed design stage, including thermal, condensation and acoustic assessments.
• Lead and oversee thermal and acoustic reviews to support design development.
• Interrogate specifications and assess risks and opportunities.
• Coordinate RFIs and change control processes.
• Produce high-quality templates and reports.
• Support the continuous improvement of system details, design processes and tools.
• Contribute to the preparation of performance test method statements and fire assessments.
• Mentor and support the development of younger professionals.
• Attend design workshops with multidisciplinary teams.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering; preferably a master’s degree and ideally a member of a Chartered Institution
• Experience in the cladding industry is preferred.
• Proficiency using thermal analysis, condensation, and acoustic assessment tools.
• Knowledge of the glass requirements to meet project performance targets.
• Problem solving with the ability to assimilate and critique potential solutions and opinions.
• Proficiency using CAD software with experience in Revit and Inventor being advantageous.
• Experience with project management and scheduling tools.
• Knowledge of building regulations, CWCT guidelines and relevant standards.
• Quality driven engineer with a passion for excellence and high attention to detail.
• Team player with ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
• Excellent communicator with a customer-oriented attitude.
• Motivated professional with a willingness to travel.
• Fluent in English.
ASFD Ltd is the design and engineering team of McMullen Facades. Our mission is to bring excellence and innovation to the cladding industry, delivering fully engineered façade solutions and making positive impacts to the built environment. With 500+ staff across design, manufacturing and installation, we have offices in England, Northern Ireland, and Switzerland.
We are building a dynamic and forward-thinking working environment, embracing technology as a means for digital transformation, whilst keeping people at its core. Across the team we have over four decades of experience in the successful delivery of some of the most iconic projects in Europe and the Middle East.
ASFD and McMullen are part of the established JRL Group, providing integrated construction solutions and delivering complex real estate projects. Today, the group encompasses 14 divisions and has a turnover in excess of £600m and growing.
The position is based in 4 Elstree Way, Borehamwood WD6 1RN and work in close collaboration with Northern Ireland, Switzerland and England offices.
Located just outside of North London, the office boasts a vibrant high street with restaurants and shops. It is easily accessible via the A1, M25 or by a 5-10 mins walk from the Elstree & Borehamwood Station (Thameslink overground), which trains run to Kings Cross in approx. 17 mins.
As part of our team, you will work in an agile and innovative environment, using state-of-the-art tools to contribute to the design and engineering of challenging façades across the UK. We are a collaborative, technically strong and innovative team and having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us.
Other benefits include:
• Competitive salary
• Company pension scheme
• Private healthcare insurance
• Flexible working time
• Opportunity for fast progression and exposure to the most exciting construction projects
• Dedicated training, mentoring and career development
• Newly refurbished gym and multi-purpose studio
• In-house barista and subsidised cafeteria
• Team building and sport events
With an ambitious strategy, we are poised for further growth and success. If you are curious, committed and passionate about building envelopes, ASFD is the perfect place to progress with your career.