Located just outside of North London, Borehamwood boasts of vibrant high street with an array of restaurants & shops. We're easily accessible surrounded by the A1, M25 and a 5/10 minute walk to Elstree & Borehamwood Station (Thameslink overground service) trains into Kings Cross take approx. 17 mins.
Precast Concrete Design Engineer
Spearheading the JRL Group from the outset J Reddington Ltd have been an industry leading groundwork and concrete (RC) frame specialist for over two decades. Building on a proven track record to date, the company is now increasingly being called upon to deliver solutions on larger projects in London and the South East providing the core to the business.
J Reddington is the Civil and Structural direct delivery construction arm of the JRL group. We have an in house team, capable of the design and build of: piling, deep basements, drainage, civils and structural RC frames. We work both in the external market for key clients and for Midgard on internal self-delivered projects.
Due to continued growth, we are recruiting a Precast Concrete Design Engineer
Role & Responsibilities:
• Produce design detailing and scheduling of precast components in a timely and professional manner.
• Support design and operational teams to effectively meet project deadlines.
• Ability to read 2D and 3D drawings.
• Lead and support project design meetings.
• Liaise directly with site.
• Strong understanding of reinforced concrete design, norms and standards, construction methods, and building materials.
• A highly motivated individual looking for a challenging career within the construction industry
• Good skills in AutoCAD, Revit and Microsoft office
• Experience using Autodesk Robot of other FEM software pack
• Experience in both structural and temporary works design desirable, but not essential if competent in one area. Willingness to develop capability in both aspects would be essential
• Experience with RC and Steel design
• Geotechnical and Civils not essential but desirable
• Knowledge of concrete frame construction methods and design
• Ability to read engineers structural drawings
• Communication skills, both written and verbal
• Organizational skills
• Fluent English Language skills are required
• Knowledge of Asta Power Project but not essential
• Competitive salary, with confidence of working for an established and growing company.
• Company Pension Scheme.
• Private Healthcare.
• Opportunity for progression within the business.
• An opportunity to work on some of the nation’s most exciting Construction projects.
• Dedicated Training & Development Department.
• A stimulating & dynamic environment.
• Newly refurbished Gym & Multi-purpose Studio in Head Office.
• In-house barista.
• Subsidised Cafeteria.
• Team bonding events.
• Sporting Events – perfect for the keen cyclist/runner.
With an ambitious strategy, we’re poised for further growth and success, so if you’re committed, talented and enthusiastic, the JRL Group is the right place for you.