Are you passionate about building envelopes and are looking to join a dynamic and growing business? Do you share our vision of bringing innovation to the construction industry?
If so, we look forward to hearing your ideas with the possibility to joining our team!
We are looking for a Façade BIM technologist (Revit).
Role seniority will be based on the candidate's experience.
• Assist with the BIM cladding modelling of large construction developments.
• Technical management of project BIM data sets.
• Helping to technically deliver BIM projects in the role of BIM coordination;
• Create mechanically complex 3D models to extrapolate metadata used as supply chain input.
• Investigate design solutions within multidisciplinary teams and carry out clash detection studies.
• Facilitate the coordination of design information between the design team and other stakeholders.
• Raising the profile of BIM across divisions.
• Provide one-to-one mentoring on 'Best Practice' workflows to project teams as required.
• Prepare project specific training documentation and project BIM execution plans (BEP)
• Keep up to date with latest industry standards and ensure their compliance.
• Promote excellence and continuous improvement of digital transformation, tools and mindset.
• Bachelor Degree. Ideally a Master degree and member of a Chartered Institution.
• 2-5+ years of experience in BIM modelling. Experience in the cladding industry is a plus.
• High proficiency using Revit and AutoCAD. Experience using Dynamo, Inventor or parametric software is a plus.
• Knowledge of manufacturing and construction.
• Understanding of building regulations and relevant standards.
• Quality driven designer with passion for excellence and high attention to details.
• Team player with ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
• Creative and dedicated to problem solving, research and digital transformation.
• Fluent in English.
ASFD Ltd is the design and engineering team of McMullen Facades. Our mission is to bring excellence and innovation to the cladding industry, delivering fully engineered façade solutions and making positive impacts to the built environment. With 500+ staff across design, manufacturing and installation, we have offices in England, Northern Ireland, and Switzerland.
We are building a dynamic and forward-thinking working environment, embracing technology as a means for digital transformation, whilst keeping people at its core. Across the team we have over four decades of experience in the successful delivery of some of the most iconic projects in Europe and the Middle East.
ASFD and McMullen are part of the established JRL Group, providing integrated construction solutions and delivering complex real estate projects. Today, the group encompasses 14 divisions and has a turnover in excess of £600m and growing.
You will be based in Barfüsserplatz 3, 4051 Basel and work in close collaboration with the Northern Ireland and England offices.
Located at the heart of Basel Stadt, the office is modern and surrounded by shops, restaurants and bars.
As part of our team, you will work in an agile and innovative environment, using state-of-the-art tools to contribute to the design and engineering of challenging façades across the UK. We are a collaborative, technically strong and innovative team and having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us.
Other benefits include:
• Competitive salary
• Company pension scheme
• Flexible working time
• Opportunity for fast progression and exposure to the most exciting construction projects
• Dedicated training, mentoring and career development
• In-house barista and cafeteria
• Team building and sport events
With an ambitious strategy, we are poised for further growth and success. If you are curious, committed and passionate about building envelopes, ASFD is the perfect place to progress with your career.