Located in Jewellery Quarter, a 15 minute walk from Birmingham New Street Station. Ideally located for commuting, with local amenities a short walk from office.
- Competitive salary, with confidence of working for an established and growing company.
- Company Pension Scheme.
- Private Healthcare.
- Opportunity for progression within the business.
- An opportunity to work on some of the nation’s most exciting Construction projects.
- Dedicated Training & Development Department.
- A stimulating & dynamic environment.
- Team bonding events.
- Sporting Events – perfect for the keen cyclist/runner.
With an ambitious strategy, we’re poised for further growth and success, so if you’re committed, talented and enthusiastic, the JRL Group is the right place for you.
Midgard is the main contracting division of the +£600m turnover JRL Group and utilises all the company's in-house resources and facilities to provide clients with a bespoke constructionservice. We have gone back to the time when contractors carried out work themselves with a dedicated, reliable workforce and their own fleet of plant and equipment.
Due to continued growth we are seeking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor to join our team at XXXXXX. The ideal candidate will have a tenacious attitude, with a desire to succeed and progress in their career. They will demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role, and will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results.
- Prepare valuations for interim application for payment including variations.
- Prepare, negotiate and agree final accounts and contra charges.
- Prepare sub-contract enquiries and order documentation.
- Re-measurement of Bills of Quantities.
- Prepare cost budgets and prices for contract variations.
- Prepare subcontract valuation and payment certificates.
- Monitor costs to ensure budgets are met.
- Prepare contract claims information.
- Evaluate/select subcontract tenders.
- Check material sizes and quantities for procurement.
- Setup and maintain contract files.
- Degree qualified.
- Experienced in both pre and post contract work.
- Excellent client facing abilities.
- Experience working on residential, commercial or similar sector projects.
- Subcontractor / Main contractor background.
- Experience working in either a consultancy or developer background
- JCT Design & Build experience.