Located just outside of North London, Borehamwood boasts of vibrant high street with an array of restaurants & shops. We're easily accessible surrounded by the A1, M25 and a 5/10 minute walk to Elstree & Borehamwood Station (Thameslink overground service) trains into Kings Cross take approx. 17 mins.
Temporary Works – Formwork Design Engineer
Spearheading the JRL Group from the outset J Reddington Ltd have been an industry leading groundwork and concrete (RC) frame specialist for over two decades. Building on a proven track record to date, the company is now increasingly being called upon to deliver solutions on larger projects in London and the South East providing the core to the business.
J Reddington is the Civil and Structural direct delivery construction arm of the JRL group. We have an in house team, capable of the design and build of: piling, deep basements, drainage, civils and structural RC frames. We work both in the external market for key clients and for Midgard on internal self-delivered projects.
Due to continued growth, we are recruiting a Formwork Design Engineer
Role & Responsibilities:
• Produce detailed drawings in line with company procedures
• Carry out detailed design and checking of temporary works and minor permanent works.
• Provide technical support to assist with both operational activities
• Develop an understanding of J Reddington design strategy
• Ensure work produced is accurate.
• A highly motivated individual looking for a challenging career within the construction industry
• Knowledge and experience detailing with these systems: PERI Ltd, HUNNEBECK, RMD, DOKA, ISCHEBECK TITAN
• Good Experience in using AutoCAD, Revit and Microsoft office software
• Experience in both structural and temporary works design desirable, but not essential if competent in one area. Willingness to develop capability in both aspects would be essential
• Knowledge of RC and Steel design
• Geotechnical and Civils not essential but desirable
• Knowledge of concrete frame construction methods and design
• Ability to read engineers structural drawings
• Communication skills, both written and verbal
• Organizational skills
• Fluent English Language skills are required
• Knowledge of Asta Power Project but not essential
• Competitive salary, with confidence of working for an established and growing company.
• Company Pension Scheme.
• Private Healthcare.
• Opportunity for progression within the business.
• An opportunity to work on some of the nation’s most exciting Construction projects.
• Dedicated Training & Development Department.
• A stimulating & dynamic environment.
• Newly refurbished Gym & Multi-purpose Studio in Head Office.
• In-house barista.
• Subsidised Cafeteria.
• Team bonding events.
• Sporting Events – perfect for the keen cyclist/runner.
With an ambitious strategy, we’re poised for further growth and success, so if you’re committed, talented and enthusiastic, the JRL Group is the right place for you.