• Structure and coordinate BIM cladding models of large construction developments.
• Create complex 3D models to extrapolate metadata used for pricing, material ordering and to create manufacturing and installation documentation.
• Investigate design solutions within multidisciplinary teams and carry out clash detection studies.
• Coordinate design information between the design team and other stakeholders.
• Commercial and contractual management of BIM packages.
• Proactive team member capable of coaching younger professionals in using advanced modelling software and techniques.
• Raising the profile of BIM across divisions.
• Keep up-to-date with latest industry standards and ensure their compliance.
• Promote excellence and continuous improvement of digital transformation, tools and mindset.
• Bachelor Degree. Ideally a Master degree and member of a Chartered Institution.
• Experience in the cladding industry is preferred.
• Proficiency using Revit and AutoCAD. Experience using Dynamo, Inventor or parametric software is a plus.
• Understanding of manufacturing and construction.
• Proactive team member capable of mentoring younger professionals.
• Quality driven professional with passion for excellence and high attention to details.
• Team player with ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
• Excellent communicator with a customer-oriented attitude.
• Creative and dedicated to problem solving, research and digital transformation.
• Ambitious professional with willingness to travel.
• Fluent in English.
ASFD Ltd is the design and engineering team of McMullen Facades. Our mission is to bring excellence and innovation to the cladding industry, delivering fully engineered façade solutions and making positive impacts to the built environment. With 500+ staff across design, manufacturing and installation, we have offices in England, Northern Ireland, and Switzerland.
We are building a dynamic and forward-thinking working environment, embracing technology as a means for digital transformation, whilst keeping people at its core. Across the team we have over four decades of experience in the successful delivery of some of the most iconic projects in Europe and the Middle East.
ASFD and McMullen are part of the established JRL Group, providing integrated construction solutions and delivering complex real estate projects. Today, the group encompasses 14 divisions and has a turnover in excess of £600m and growing.
The position is based in 4 Elstree Way, Borehamwood WD6 1RN and work in close collaboration with Northern Ireland, Switzerland and England offices.
Located just outside of North London, the office boasts a vibrant high street with restaurants and shops. It is easily accessible via the A1, M25 or by a 5-10 mins walk from the Elstree & Borehamwood Station (Thameslink overground), which trains run to Kings Cross in approx. 17 mins.
As part of our team, you will work in an agile and innovative environment, using state-of-the-art tools to contribute to the design and engineering of challenging façades across the UK. We are a collaborative, technically strong and innovative team and having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us.
Other benefits include:
• Competitive salary
• Company pension scheme
• Private healthcare insurance
• Flexible working time
• Opportunity for fast progression and exposure to the most exciting construction projects
• Dedicated training, mentoring and career development
• Newly refurbished gym and multi-purpose studio
• In-house barista and subsidised cafeteria
• Team building and sport events
With an ambitious strategy, we are poised for further growth and success. If you are curious, committed and passionate about building envelopes, ASFD is the perfect place to progress with your career.