Brighton & Hove
- Competitive salary, with confidence of working for an established and growing company.
- Company Pension Scheme.
- Private Healthcare.
- Opportunity for progression within the business.
- An opportunity to work on some of the nation’s most exciting Construction projects.
- Dedicated Training & Development Department.
- A stimulating & dynamic environment.
- Newly refurbished Gym & Multi-purpose Studio in Head Office.
- In-house barista.
- Subsidised Cafeteria.
- Team bonding events.
- Sporting Events – perfect for the keen cyclist/runner.
With an ambitious strategy, we’re poised for further growth and success, so if you’re committed, talented and enthusiastic, the JRL Group is the right place for you.
Midgard is the main contracting division of the +£650m turnover JRL Group and utilises all the company's in-house resources and facilities to provide clients with a bespoke constructionservice. We have gone back to the time when contractors carried out work themselves with a dedicated, reliable workforce and their own fleet of plant and equipment.
Due to continued growth we are seeking to recruit a Block Manager to join our team at Brighton & Hove. This position will suit someone looking to progress or move into the prime residential sector of construction, working on projects up to £400m in value.
- Assist in the provision of a safe, efficient and cost effective service stream on all areas of service delivery, ensuring the highest quality of work is provided in the timescales determined by the contract.
- Review method statements and risk assessments to ensure compliance with procedures, arrange and chair pre-start meetings with sub - contractors and attend hand - over meeting with pre-construction team.
- Issue correct notices and relevant contractual correspondence to sub-contractors at the appropriate time.
- Instigate, control and run packages from contract award to handover within budgetary constraints.
- Manage designated packages to meet company objectives post-contract with an input into pre-contract requirements emphasising customer care and business excellence.
- Maintain accurate site diaries for all activities and highlight any risk items to appropriate manager.
- Control and monitor day works for subcontractors.
- Be aware of the production, on-going analysis & mitigation of project risks.