Set in 184 acres of rolling countryside, White Acres Holiday Park is surrounded by great scenery. It’s also in the ideal location for exploring all the attractions of Newquay just five miles from the park and of course many wonderful beaches.
With its countryside location and 13 peaceful fishing lakes, White Acres is the perfect place to fish or enjoy a quiet picnic and stroll around the lakes.
Facilities on park also include a heated indoor pool adventure play area. Polkerris Bar, Pizzeria & Grill and a fish and chip Takeaway. Customers can spend the eveniing in any of the 5 venues across the park and enjoy the evening entertainment.
Parkdean Resorts are recruiting for an experienced and inspirational General Manager to drive White Acres Holiday Park forward in this thriving industry.
Reporting into the Regional Director, we are looking for an experienced operator to lead the team successfully and someone who is an enthusiastic and engaging leader, so if you would like to be considered for this position we welcome your application.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Managing, organising, controlling and supervising efficiently all elements of the park in line with current company policies and procedures ensuring delivery of the financial target of the parks EBITDA.
- Recruiting, retaining, motivating, training and consistently developing the department heads along with their direct reports to ensure we get the best from our people and deliver/exceed our guest expectations.
- Taking full responsibility of all revenue streams including Holiday Home Sales and Owners, Holiday Hire, on park spend and all park overheads whilst being directly accountable for the operation of all areas of the park in accordance with company standards of product, presentation and service.
- Managing, organising, controlling and supervising the process of any specified capital expenditure as directed by the Regional Director ensuring financial, conceptual and phasing objectives are achieved in line with company policy.
- Managing agreed budgets of controllable expenses and wage costs, alongside determining and implementing strategies to increase year on year sales and to achieve agreed gross profit margins throughout all units/departments.
- Regularly exploring competitor activity, market trends and new initiatives.
- A key focus area is agreeing, with department managers, their business plans and performance targets and monitoring these to take the necessary corrective action. In addition, you will plan with the management team their strategies to meet the seasonal demands of the business such as Bank Holidays, School Holidays, and other seasonal events as they occur.
The ideal person will have:
- Senior level management of a large, diverse, multi-facetted operation,
- Previous experience in the holiday parks industry is desirable.
- Experience of successful team leadership with a focus on engagement and development.
- Strong business and financial acumen, with a passion for customer focus.
- Experience of planning and organising fast paced and large scale projects.
- A highly motivated attitude with an aptitude towards exploring competitors.
- Excellent IT literacy with the ability to successfully navigate differing systems.
- An ability to influence and negotiate with colleagues and customers.
- Excellent communication skills.
- An ability to effectively resolve conflict with a consistent approach and the business objectives in mind.
What can we offer you?
- Competitive rates of pay
- Discretionary bonus packages
- Fantastic team environment
- 25% discount on holidays for yourself, friends and family
- Stand-by breaks available at a discounted rate
- Full uniform provided where necessary
- Full training
To start Creating Amazing Memories with us, apply now!