Parkdean Resorts was formed in November 2015 following the merger of Parkdean Holidays and Park Resorts. Today, we own and operate 67 holiday parks across England, Scotland and Wales as the UK’s largest holiday park operator.
With numerous awards under our belt, we’re constantly striving to offer the best holiday experience to our customers and owners. Using our years of combined experience, we aim to create an open and honest dialogue with our customers to find new ways to expand and improve.
We will continue to find new and exciting ways to exceed customer expectations, ensuring our guests and owners create amazing memories every time they visit a Parkdean Resorts Holiday Park.
Designate General Manager
We are excited to be recruiting for our Designate General Manager programme. If you are an inspirational General Manager who is out of sector from Holiday Park industry but keen to make the move to drive excellent standards and team performance then we would love to hear from you.
Reporting into the Regional Director, we are looking for experienced managers to lead our teams successfully. You will be an enthusiastic and engaging leader, with passion for high standards.
The designate programme is an opportunity to join Parkdean Resorts in one of our Regions (split across North & South) and be trained in our industry including Holiday Homes Sales and F&B offering before being placed in to your own holiday park to run and make a difference. Parkdean Resorts have 67 holiday parks across the UK mainly located at coastal towns. This programme has been highly successful and we believe this is how we attract and train key talent to succeed.
One key criteria is that you will need to be flexible within the region for when opportunities arise at a park .
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Managing, organising, controlling and supervising efficiently all elements of the park in line with current company policies and procedures ensuring delivery of the financial target of the parks EBITDA.
- Recruiting, retaining, motivating, training and consistently developing the department heads along with their direct reports to ensure we get the best from our people and deliver/exceed our guest expectations.
- Taking full responsibility of all revenue streams including Holiday Home Sales and Owners, Holiday Hire, on park spend and all park overheads whilst being directly accountable for the operation of all areas of the park in accordance with company standards of product, presentation and service.
- Managing, organising, controlling and supervising the process of any specified capital expenditure as directed by the Regional Director ensuring financial, conceptual and phasing objectives are achieved in line with company policy.
- Managing agreed budgets of controllable expenses and wage costs, alongside determining and implementing strategies to increase year on year sales and to achieve agreed gross profit margins throughout all units/departments.
- Regularly exploring competitor activity, market trends and new initiatives.
- A key focus area is agreeing, with department managers, their business plans and performance targets and monitoring these to take the necessary corrective action. In addition, you will plan with the management team their strategies to meet the seasonal demands of the business such as Bank Holidays, School Holidays, and other seasonal events as they occur.
The ideal person will have:
- Strong business and financial acumen, with a passion for customer focus.
- An honest, professional and a respectful approach.
- People development and leadership skills
- An ability to influence & negotiate.
- Experience of planning & organising projects
To find out more please apply with your CV. If progressed we will be holding Designate Programme Days in July and August in areas and you will be invited to join us and find out more.
What can we offer you?
- Competitive rates of pay
- Discretionary bonus packages
- Fantastic team environment
- 25% discount on holidays for yourself, friends and family
- Stand-by breaks available at a discounted rate
- Full uniform provided where necessary
- Full training
To start Creating Amazing Memories with us, apply now!