Sandford Holiday Park is a lively park in a lovely leafy countryside setting.
Customers can enjoy a range of sports including football and basketball, bike hire and pedal-kart hire.
Other facilities on park include a pirate ship for exploring, indoor play area, tree house adventure two swimming pools!
At Sandford Holiday Park there's a range of holidays on offier including caravans, lodges, touring, camping or caravan & lodge ownersip.
We have an exceptional and rare opportunity to join us as our General Manager for our Sandford Holiday Park. You will be a highly driven experienced General Manager who will lead and inspire a strong HOD team to deliver excellent guest standards in this thriving industry.
Reporting into the Regional Director, we are looking for an experienced operator to lead the team successfully and someone who is an enthusiastic and engaging leader, so if you would like to be considered for this position we welcome your application.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Managing, organising, controlling and supervising efficiently all elements of the park in line with current company policies and procedures ensuring delivery of the financial target of the parks EBITDA.
- Recruiting, retaining, motivating, training and consistently developing the department heads along with their direct reports to ensure we get the best from our people and deliver/exceed our guest expectations.
- Taking full responsibility of all revenue streams including Holiday Home Sales and Owners, Holiday Hire, on park spend and all park overheads whilst being directly accountable for the operation of all areas of the park in accordance with company standards of product, presentation and service.
- Managing, organising, controlling and supervising the process of any specified capital expenditure as directed by the Regional Director ensuring financial, conceptual and phasing objectives are achieved in line with company policy.
- Managing agreed budgets of controllable expenses and wage costs, alongside determining and implementing strategies to increase year on year sales and to achieve agreed gross profit margins throughout all units/departments.
- Regularly exploring competitor activity, market trends and new initiatives.
- A key focus area is agreeing, with department managers, their business plans and performance targets and monitoring these to take the necessary corrective action. In addition, you will plan with the management team their strategies to meet the seasonal demands of the business such as Bank Holidays, School Holidays, and other seasonal events as they occur.
The ideal person will have:
- Senior level management of a large, diverse, multi-facetted operation,
- Previous experience in the holiday parks industry is desirable.
- Experience of successful team leadership with a focus on engagement and development.
- Strong business and financial acumen, with a passion for customer focus.
- Experience of planning and organising fast paced and large scale projects.
- A highly motivated attitude with an aptitude towards exploring competitors.
- Excellent IT literacy with the ability to successfully navigate differing systems.
- An ability to influence and negotiate with colleagues and customers.
- Excellent communication skills.
- An ability to effectively resolve conflict with a consistent approach and the business objectives in mind.
What can we offer you?
- Competitive rates of pay
- Discretionary bonus packages
- Fantastic team environment
- 25% discount on holidays for yourself, friends and family
- Stand-by breaks available at a discounted rate
- Full training
To start Creating Amazing Memories with us, apply now!