Situated on the north side of the Isle of Wight, overlooking the Solent, Thorness Bay Holiday Park, sits on a woodland hillside with lovely views out to sea.
There’s plenty of family fun to be had on the park including the sports courts and adventure playground. After a busy day customers can enjoy a tasty meal in the Boathouse Bar and Restaurant before a spot of evening entertainment.
With caravan holidays at Thorness Bay, plus touring, camping and caravan ownership there's something for everyone!
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a qualified Tree Surgeon to join the Maintenance Team at Thorness Bay Holiday Park, based neat Est Cowes, Isle of Wight
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager you will assist in maintaining all grounds on site to a very high standard in order to exceed guest expectations.
Your key responsibilities key responsibilities will include:
- Completing ongoing and hands-on maintenance of trees throughout the park in a timely and efficient manner
- Engaging in the preservation and conservation of woodland which includes felling, pruning, planting, replanting, log removal and hedge work.
- Conducting inspections of trees and woodland, completing repairs and planning future maintenance work.
- The safe operation of a variety of heavy machinery such as chainsaws and chippers.
- Ensuring the safety of yourself and anyone else by following safety regulations and working best practices.
- Assisting in the tidying of sites upon completion of work.
The successful Person will:
- Be proficient with power tools and other powered equipment.
- Have an understanding of the dangers and complexities involved with the various aspects of work.
- Be familiar with how best to ensure the safety of all personnel, and of the customer, their family and their staff.
- Hold any relevant qualifications, including Level 2 award in chainsaw maintenance, Level 2 award in cross cutting (CS30), Felling up to 380mm level 2 (CS31), Accessing a tree from rope and harness (CS39), Arial rescue (CS38).
- Competitive rates of pay
- Discretionary bonus packages
- Fantastic team environment
- 25% discount on holidays for yourself, friends and family
- Stand-by breaks available at a discounted rate
- Full uniform provided where necessary
- Full training