Working not only with the finance team but also the wider business, you will play a pivotal role in supporting the enhancement and development of our planning and reporting activity at a group level using our TM1 / IBM Planning Analytics platform.
Experience of planning & reporting across the 3 financial statements is essential, along with strong analytical and system development & modelling skills to enhance our fast-paced and dynamic Management Accounts and Planning Team based in Gosforth, Newcastle.
The business has invested significantly in the development of TM1 / IBM Planning Analytics for weekly and monthly planning and reporting in 2020, so this role provides the opportunity for a new focus harnessing this investment to develop a progressive, fully integrated planning model. Supporting with the design, understanding and reporting from interconnected, driver-based models within the application, this role will involve working with various stakeholders throughout the business to revolutionise the approach to financial forward planning and reporting in an ambitious organisation. For this, strong commercial finance knowledge is key to ensure delivery of insightful analysis to aid strategic decision making.
• Work as a senior member of the Planning team, build a detailed understanding of all streams within the business.
• Support the maintenance and further development of TM1 / IBM Planning Analytics Planning models
• Responsible for ensuring the reporting and final outputs are fit for purpose and suitably dynamic across all 3 financial statements.
• Act in a pro-active manner highlighting areas of concern to senior management on a timely and considered basis. Keenly seeking for continuous improvement within processes.
• Ad hoc financial planning and analytical tasks as required by the business and agreed by the Finance Management team. This will involve working with various stakeholders within the organisation such as the Procurement, Operations, HR and Revenue Management departments.
A successful candidate will be:
• Full or Part qualified accountant with experience in a relevant analytics role
• A self-starter who is able to drive a project forward and deliver on time and in full
• Foresee potential pitfalls and quickly adapt to an environment
• Ability to work under minimal supervision
• Substantial experience of working with, developing and understanding TM1 / IBM Planning Analytics
• Experience of TM1 model building through Architect
• Experience and understanding of Balance Sheet & Cashflow forecasting and reporting
• Demonstrable commercial finance knowledge with ability to understand and adapt to the drivers supporting financial performancewithin a multi-faceted complex business and their wider knock-on financial impacts
• Ability to build relationships and communicate with people at all levels
• Swift adaptability to a changing fast-paced environment
• Excellent Excel skills and highly analytical
• Excellent communication and presentation skills