Whether you want to try your hand at fishing in the well-stocked fishing lake, or go for a swim in the heated indoor pool, there’s something for everyone to enjoy at Sunnydale Holiday Park.
Explore the seaside town of Mablethorpe and the nearby seal sanctuary – which you can reach by hitching a ride on the adorable Mablethorpe sand train. Mablethorpe’s award-winning beach has other treasures in store for youngsters too, including crazy golf, donkey rides, a fairground, and ample eateries. Lively Cleethorpes can also be reached by car.
On the park, kids will love getting active in the Water Walkers and climbing, swinging and sliding their way across the playground. Finish a day of adventures with mouth-watering meals, tasty treats and a tipple at The Boathouse Bar & Restaurant.
Due to an internal move an opportunity has arisen for a GM at our Sunnydale Park. This small and beautiful park is located on East Coast in the county of Lincolnshire. Our holiday park is made up of 60 units, 58 fleet and has 382 owners. This is an excellent opportunity for a first time GM to lead this park and progress their career with Parkdean Resorts.
Reporting to the Regional Director, we are seeking an experienced operator to manage the team successfully, someone who is an enthusiastic and engaging leader and has the ability to maximize sales, profitability, and customer service to position the company as a brand of choice.
As General Manager, your core responsibilities will include:
- Managing, organising, controlling and supervising efficiently all elements of the park in line with current company policies and procedures ensuring delivery of the financial target of the parks EBITDA.
- Recruiting, retaining, motivating, training and consistently developing the department heads along with their direct reports to ensure we get the best from our people and deliver/exceed our guest expectations.
- Taking full responsibility of all revenue streams including Holiday Home Sales and Owners, Holiday Hire, on park spend and all park overheads whilst being directly accountable for the operation of all areas of the park in accordance with company standards of product, presentation and service.
- Managing, organising, controlling and supervising the process of any specified capital expenditure as directed by the Regional Director ensuring financial, conceptual and phasing objectives are achieved in line with company policy.
- Managing agreed budgets of controllable expenses and wage costs, alongside determining and implementing strategies to increase year on year sales and to achieve agreed gross profit margins throughout all units/departments.
- Regularly exploring competitor activity, market trends and new initiatives.
- A key focus area is agreeing, with department managers, their business plans and performance targets and monitoring these to take the necessary corrective action. In addition, you will plan with the management team their strategies to meet the seasonal demands of the business such as Bank Holidays, School Holidays, and other seasonal events as they occur.
The ideal candidate's key skills and abilities will include:
- Strong business and financial acumen, with a passion for customer focus.
- An honest, professional and a respectful approach.
- An ability to influence & negotiate.
- Experience of planning & organising projects.
- Previous experience in the holiday parks industry and senior level management of a similar size and scope will be hugely advantageous.
What can we offer you?
- Competitive rates of pay
- Discretionary bonus packages
- Fantastic team environment
- 25% discount on holidays for yourself, friends and family
- Stand-by breaks available at a discounted rate
- Full uniform provided where necessary
- Full training
To start Creating Amazing Memories with us, apply now!