Set in a wonderful location, Southerness Holiday Park is right on the edge of the beach, offering lovely sea views across the Solway Firth. Take a stroll on the sands or head into the local area to explore pretty market towns.
Of course, you don’t need to leave the park to have fun. Visit the indoor pool or the outdoor adventure play before enjoying a game of pool or trying your luck at the amusements.
After an action-packed day, you’ll find a wide choice of food and drink on the park, from the bar and restaurant to the takeaway.
There’s lots of ways to enjoy a holiday at Southerness Holiday Park with caravans, lodges, camping and touring. We also offer caravan and lodge ownership.
Due to internal promotion, Parkdean Resorts are recruiting for an experienced and inspirational General Manager to drive the highly successful Southerness Holiday Park forward in this thriving industry.
Reporting to the Regional Operations Manager, we are seeking an experienced operator to manage the team successfully, someone who is an enthusiastic and engaging leader and has the ability to maximize sales, profitability, and customer service to position the company as a brand of choice.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Managing, organising, controlling and supervising efficiently all elements of the park in line with current company policies and procedures ensuring delivery of the financial target of the parks EBITDA
- Recruiting, retaining, motivating, training and consistently developing the department heads along with their direct reports to ensure we get the best from our people and deliver/exceed our guest expectations
- Taking full responsibility of all revenue streams including Holiday Home Sales and Owners, Holiday Hire, on park spend and all park overheads whilst being directly accountable for the operation of all areas of the park in accordance with company standards of product, presentation and service.
- Managing, organising, controlling and supervising the process of any specified capital expenditure ensuring financial, conceptual and phasing objectives are achieved in line with company policy
- Managing agreed budgets of controllable expenses and wage costs, alongside determining and implementing strategies to increase year on year sales and to achieve agreed gross profit margins throughout all units/departments
- Regularly exploring competitor activity, market trends and new initiatives
- A key focus area is agreeing, with department managers, their business plans and performance targets and monitoring these to take the necessary corrective action. In addition, you will plan with the management team their strategies to meet the seasonal demands of the business such as Bank Holidays, School Holidays, and other seasonal events as they occur
The ideal person will have:
- Previous experience as a General Manager in the holiday park industry
- Strong business and financial acumen, with a passion for customer focus
- An honest, professional and a respectful approach
- An ability to influence & negotiate
- Experience of planning & organising projects
What can we offer you?
- Competitive rates of pay
- Discretionary bonus packages
- Fantastic team environment
- 25% discount on holidays for yourself, friends and family
- Stand-by breaks available at a discounted rate
- Full uniform provided where necessary
- Full training
To start Creating Amazing Memories with us, apply now!