Are you a qualified finance professional with a number of years post qualified experience? If so Parkdean Resorts are seeking a new Finance Business Partner in their high performing finance team based in Newcastle upon Tyne.
As a Finance Business Partner at Parkdean Resorts you will be working closely with the FP&A Manager and the wider finance team providing end-to-end support for the operational management of our parks and key income streams in all aspects of financial reporting, forecasting, budgeting and benchmarking analysis.
Main responsibilities will be to:-
- Ensuring that the business strives to hit its targets.
- Act as a first line of finance support for the operational management, proactively dealing with queries and analysis in a timely manner, providing advice and guidance on financial matters and commercial decision making.
- Act as a specialist to improve controls including training as required to ensure policies / processes are adhered to.
- Ensure the accuracy of the management accounts for your business area before final distribution understanding the key revenue and expenditure variances to budget, forecast and prior year.
- Prepare and attending business reviews as appropriate and contribute to the explanation of key trading trends and assist with the development of action plans to improve poor performance as appropriate.
- Own the forecasting process for your business area, ensuring the buy in of relevant management and understand the movements between current and previous forecasts looking to predict the future based on current trends and identify any potential business issues.
- Work with management to assess the annual budget understanding the various factors and alongside the wider FP&A team, develop 3-year plans and interim forecasts.
- Work with management to determine capital requirements ensuring that all plans meet company minimum requirements
- Work with Internal Audit to provide an effective control environment to protect the company’s assets.
- Understand any balance sheet items that relate to your area communicating any issues as appropriate.
The successful candidate will:
• Qualified accountant with a number of years in PQE in industry – ideally in leisure or hospitality
• Outstanding financial analysis skills, with the ability to gather, manipulate and present large quantities of data effectively
• Excellent presentation across all Microsoft products and presentations;
• The ability to influence key business processes
• The ability to influence timings and co-ordination of deliverables from the parks
• Well-organized and able to develop and monitor plans to meet agreed deadlines;
• Ability to work within a team and develop positive relationships with both finance and operational colleagues
• Being visible in the parks that you support, maintaining a good working relationship with park managers and become a trusted source of sound financial advice to help them grow their park;
• Be flexible, travelling to your parks on a regular basis, sometimes at short notice, to deal with issues that have arisen. Attend meetings with Regional Director as required.
• Be constantly looking for ways to proactively enhance the commercial viability of the parks, whilst ensuring relevant measures are in place to keep KPI’s on track.
• Share commercial opportunities and best practice between parks and the wider business.
• Help implement central initiatives
• Highly numerate and analytical
• Self-motivated and proactive
• Highly organised
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work in pressurised situations and stay in agreed timescales
• Commitment to high quality and excellent customer service
• Problem solving
Please note, as some travel will be applicable, a full driving licence will also be required.
If this sounds like you and you think you have Parkdean Resorts potential then apply now!