At Holywell Bay Holiday Park, customers can enjoy a caravan, touring or camping holiday!
Set in a beautiful location, Holywell Bay is surrounded by sand dunes and is just a 10 minute stroll to the beach where you can marvel at the amazing view of the famous Gull Rocks.
Facilities at Holywell Bay Holiday Park include a thrilling 300-foot waterslide into the heated outdoor pool, amusements, our Ellenglaze Bar & Grill and kayaking activities!
This stunning park is just 7 miles from Newquay and all its great attractions.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Sous Chef who is passionate and able to work under pressure into our established Retail team based at Holywell Bay Holiday Park.
Reporting to the Head Chef, you will be working as a part of a team to ensure the smooth and effective operation of our kitchen to achieve maximum customer satisfaction.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Take a ‘hands on’ role in the production of menu items during service
- Work on the ‘front line’ and manage the prep production
- Ensure the quality of the food production and presentation is maintained to company standard
- Participate and develop owners activities and events
- Develop and design functions menus
- Participate in events such as Buffets, Conferencing as well as other seasonal events such as Easter and Halloween
- Carry out training across park to ensure generic standards are achieved
- Train the kitchen team to ensure a consistent standard is maintained
- Develop staff to establish a platform for succession planning
- Work with nominated suppliers to ensure best value
- Adhere to any company structured pricing policies
- Achieve ‘best value’ from any local supplier negotiations
- Keep numbers of individual commodities to a minimum
A successful person will have:
- Previous experience in a busy fast paced kitchen
- Be enthusiastic and committed to delivering excellent customer service
- Be passionate about food
- Have a keen eye for detail
- Customer Focus
- Achievement Focus
- Communicating & Influencing
- Teamwork & Co-operation
- Basic Food Hygiene L2 Qualification
What can we offer you?
- Competitive rates of pay
- Discretionary bonus packages
- Fantastic team environment
- 25% discount on holidays for yourself, friends and family
- Stand-by breaks available at a discounted rate
- Full uniform provided where necessary
- Full training
To start Creating Amazing Memories with us, apply now!