Newcastle upon Tyne
Our Central Support Office based in Gosforth and is the bustling hub of Parkdean Resorts. This exciting place to work houses all the essential supporting functions for our 67 holiday parks along with our award winning Contact Centre.
This modern office has a great feel, a mix of energetic knowledgeable professionals all working as one unified team to achieve Parkdean Resorts objectives. Based near the centre of Newcastle upon Tyne, it has great transport links.
The Business Analyst will join the Data, Analytics & Insight Group as a member of the Business Process and Analysis Team, based in Gosforth. They will initially focus on understanding our revenue management process and data then working with the Director of DA&I, Director of Revenue Management, BP&A, DE and other commercial stakeholders to build a structured plan for how we can enhance business process as well as migrate data and flows into the cloud data warehouse to support current and future reporting and insight needs.
The role will report to the DA&I Business Engagement Lead. The Business Engagement Lead will ensure that the role has the support of the wider DA&I team, necessary tools, ways of working and infrastructure to deliver against the Director of Revenue Management requirements, who would act as their primary stakeholder.
Ideally from a consulting background with cross-sector exposure you will have had experience of working on multiple projects/tasks at a time, be able to prioritise effectively and be able to proactively manage the expectations of senior stakeholders.
You will use appropriate methods and tools to meet with stakeholders, investigate, analyse and document problem statements, define work package scope, propose delivery approaches and then coordinate team members towards an outcome that meets business needs.
You will take ownership of the projects and tasks you lead or contribute to and will work directly with the DA&I Leadership Team and Director of Revenue Management to manage delivery risk, ensure project timescales are achieved and the solutions are to a high standard.
Strong organisational and communication skills, critical thinking, problem solving are vital in this role as well as the ability to work with ambiguity and develop strong team relationships. One of our core values is working ‘as a family’ and pulling together to work towards a common goal is really important to us.
- Fluency in how Revenue Management wants to operate as a function and how the systems and data supports that
- Understanding our data; getting stuck into the detail, and understanding the link between real world process, business activities and the data
- Analysis, interpretation of and documentation of problem statements, define work package scope, propose delivery approaches
- Business and system process mapping (e.g. swim lane diagrams, traditional business/system process flows, modelling diagrams)
- Translate between technical and commercial stakeholders; in dialogue as well as via presentation in language that the stakeholders understand
- Documenting Test Scripts/Plans to ensure deliverables meet the business objectives
- User support and training/handover i.e. Trainers, Operational staff
- Attending regular project update meetings with DA&I Leadership Team and Director of Revenue Management, as well as other members of the management team / board where applicable and highlighting project milestone deviation
- Act as a point of contact for business support relating to new deliveries or older deliveries where you have been involved in the requirements
You will report directly to the DA&I Business Engagement Lead.
You will have a strong background as a business analyst and able to demonstrate your involvement in medium to large projects throughout your career to date. You will need the ability to understand technical information from within technical team and relay this to the business stakeholders/users in order that they understand it.
Exceptional communication skills are required. Verbal and Written communication must be of the highest standard with experience of presenting, leading workshops/meetings, documenting the outcomes of those workshops and the requirements themselves to a high standard.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to work with ambiguity and limited requirements at the early stages of a work package; proactively forming up the scope and deliverables in collaboration with the business. The Business Analyst must have a proven ability of being able to adapt their approach depending on the stakeholders they work with.
The Business Analyst must be a self-starter who can manage their own workload and ensure best use of time where projects/tasks are at different stages. They must also be accustomed to regular communication with their senior stakeholders in order to highlight risks and issues to resource allocation, project delivery or any other typical project risks that can occur.
You will have experience of creating test plans, documenting test scripts and coordinating UAT. You will also have executed numerous testing plans and have the skills to test requirements to ensure the end user systems and processes achieve the original project/task objectives.
Educated to degree standard and/or certified in Business Analysis (e.g. ISEB), experienced in delivery and or project management.
You will have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, i.e. Excel, Word, Visio, Project and / or other related business analysis/project management tools.
The successful candidate will have advanced skills in business process modeling and analysis techniques such as production of use case models, detailed use cases and activity diagrams etc.
Experience of working in an AGILE type of environment is beneficial but not essential.
What can we offer you?
- Competitive rates of pay
- Discretionary bonus packages
- Fantastic team environment
- 25% discount on holidays for yourself, friends and family
- Stand-by breaks available at a discounted rate
- Full training
To start Creating Amazing Memories with us, apply now!