We are seeking an enthusiastic individual who is flexible with their working hours to join our team as our operational Meetings and Events Supervisor.
Our Meeting and Events team provide our guests with a personalised conference or special events service. We are seeking a Meeting & Events Supervisor with experience of running meetings and special events including weddings, as well as a passion for fresh, quality food; together with a desire to deliver excellent levels of service. We believe it is the people we employ that make the difference to the experience of our guests, and that is why we are looking for someone who is ready to go above and beyond in everything they do.
What will I be doing as a Meeting & Events Supervisor?
- Ensuring all allocated rooms for business meetings, special events and weddings are set as requested on time.
- Supervising staff on duty and ensuring that all services are delivered as scheduled and our guests receive excellent service, ensuring maximum guest satisfaction.
- Meeting the key personnel at the beginning of each event and ensuring that every aspect of the day is checked and delivered.
- Maintaining operating standards ensuring consistently high standards of service.
- Liaising with the kitchen to ensure food service is timely and as ordered, taking care of special requests and guests with allergies.
- Optimising time on the floor by carrying out one to one coaching & training to develop employee confidence in dealing with customers and selling hotel products and services.
- Attending training & completing e-learning modules to improve your skills and aid your development
As a Meeting & Events Supervisor you will have...
- A minimum of 2 years food and beverage service experience in all F & B departments, including Conference and Banqueting, in a quality hotel
- Experience of supervising weddings and large scale events
- A good knowledge of wines and beverages
- A passion for hospitality and for delivering excellent guest service
- Good leadership skills and the ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Excellent spoken & written English and good administration and IT skills
- Good presentation with an outgoing personality, excellent interpersonal skills and a professional manner
- Good H & S and Food Hygiene knowledge
- A pro-active and can-do attitude
- Flexibility to work on a rota basis across seven days, including early mornings and late evenings as required
Why join The Bull’s team?
At The Bull, we love what we do, and we’re looking to grow our team with people who share our passion for success. We want individuals who will bring their own style to every experience and put our guests at the heart of everything they do. We pride ourselves on our team, and we work hard to take their careers to new heights. As part of The Bull's team, you will enjoy a range of benefits, including:
- Smart uniform and free meals on duty
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays
- An additional paid day off for your birthday
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Complimentary Life assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme EAP
- Various incentives and rewards based on performance
- Employee of the Month and Year Awards
- Sarova Rewards for going the extra mile & delivering exceptional guest service
- Annual staff party
- Regular employee appreciation events
- Family & Friends Accommodation rates at all hotels in the group
- Opportunities for training and development & recognising your potential
Live in is Available (chargeable) for this position
In line with the requirements of the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.