An excellent opportunity to join a small brigade of chefs producing quality fresh foods for our Restaurant, Bars, Room Service and Meeting & Events areas.
Our Kitchen is at the heart of our Food & Beverage department providing food for our guests in our Restaurant, Lounge Bar and Meetings & Events department, catering from 2 to 250 guests. This is an excellent opportunity to join a small brigade of chefs producing quality fresh food to satisfy our guest's appetites. We believe it is the people we employ that make the difference to the experience of our guests, and that is why we are looking for someone who is ready to go above and beyond in everything they do.
What will I be doing as a Chef de Partie?
- Working in a professional kitchen, preparing and presenting high quality dishes made with fresh foods.
- Working on all sections as required and responsible for maintaining standard of product and service, ensuring maximum guest satisfaction.
- Helping to control departmental expenses including food costs and wages, in line with business levels.
- Implementing & monitoring all Health & Safety and hygiene practices and procedures
- Motivating, coaching & training junior members of the team.
- Working well with your team members ensuring a smooth service and high team morale.
As a Chef de Partie you will have...
- You will have a minimum of NVQ food preparation Level 2 qualification or equivalent and have previous experience at this level in a professional kitchen working with fresh ingredients.
- Imagination, an eye for detail and a desire & ability to deliver quality fresh a la carte and buffet food with experience of large volume functions and weddings
- A passion for cooking, with a genuine love of food and a real desire to learn and develop your skills.
- A good understanding of all applicable Health & Safety legislation & experience working with strict Health & Hygiene regimes.
- An understanding of food costs and controls
- Punctuality, reliability and a can do attitude.
- The ability to work in a team in a busy environment, sometimes under pressure with self-motivation and the ability to motivate others
- Flexibility to work on a rota basis across seven days, mornings and evenings as required.
Why join the Bull’s team?
At The Bull, we love what we do, and we’re looking to grow our team with people who share our passion for success. We want individuals who will bring their own style to every experience and put our guests at the heart of everything they do. We pride ourselves on our team, and we work hard to take their careers to new heights. As part of the Bull's team, you will enjoy a range of benefits, including:
- Smart uniform and free meals on duty
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays
- An additional paid day off for your birthday
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Complimentary Life assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme EAP
- Various incentives and rewards based on performance
- Employee of the Month and Year Awards
- Sarova Rewards for going the extra mile & delivering exceptional guest service
- Annual staff party
- Regular employee appreciation events
- Family & Friends Accommodation rates at all hotels in the group
- Opportunities for training and development & recognising your potential
Live in Available for this position
In line with the requirements of the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.