Head of Reservations Sales Centre
Contract Type - Permanent
40 hours per week
Employment Type - Full Time
Our Support Office a modern office located close to Old Street and Barbican in central London. This friendly open plan office houses several of the key support functions including Sales, Human Resources, Marketing and Central Revenue. Conveniently located with great transport links the office is the London base for the back office functions of Guoman and Thistle.
The Head of Reservations Sales Centre plays a key role in the driving RSC and leading the team.
- To drive Reservations Sales Centre operations and lead the team of 50.
- Deliver the targeted revenue for voice and email for individual and group reservations to support each business unit.
- Delivery of the SLA’s across all areas of the centralised function, speed of call answering, abandoned call levels, response times, quality of response, increased revenue per call and other metrics as agreed.
- Create a high performance culture based on continuous training and development.
- Ensure the supporting technology systems, such as telephony, are fit for purpose and have the necessary capability to manage a centralised function and provide the necessary reports to the business.
- Track the dashboard with key hourly, daily, weekly, monthly KPI’s to be measured and reported back to the business.
- Manage the outsourced Hard Rock Hotel reservation desk to ensure they are delivering on key KPI’s against brand guidelines.
- To lead internal business reviews to assess opportunities for glh to continue to develop efficient and effective cluster or centralised activity (for example the possible feasibility of centralising some of the M&E activity).
What we look for
- 3-5 years experience in leading a reservation sales centre or call centre within the hospitality or retail sector is a must.
- Demonstrates high levels of commercial acumen.
- Can create a set of KPI’s and confidently review the department analytics and report back to the business.
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of working across a multi-site operation.
- Is highly collaborative.
- Has great communication skills and is able to engage a range of stakeholders.
- Is a strong people manager with proven track record of engaging, motivating, developing and running highly effective teams.
- Has highly tuned leadership skills across all levels.
- Experience of recently relocated or merged team is an advantage.
Candidate must be eligble to work in the UK.
- A background in leisure or hospitality would be an advantage but is not essential.
What's in it for you?
- 20 days holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays
- Discounted rates on hotel rooms, food and drink across the glh group
- Interest free season ticket loans (conditions apply)
- Access to a 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- Long Service Awards
- Pension and Healthcare Schemes
- Generous recommend a friend scheme
- Access to discounts and cashback through a huge range of retailers and service providers via our online benefits portal
- Wonderful Person of the month scheme with cash prizes
- Childcare vouchers
- Staff refreshments on shift