F&B Services Manager
Contract Type - Permanent
39 hours per week
Employment Type - Full Time
Amba Hotel Marble Arch
The 4 star Amba Hotel Marble Arch, located just off Oxford Street and a short walk from the West End and Hyde Park is the latest addition to Amba Hotels. With 692 stylish and spacious bedrooms, the latest technology and 13 meeting rooms, join an exciting and vibrant team to help deliver an excellent guest experience.
JOB PURPOSE SUMMARY
The purpose of the role of F&B Service Manager is to be fully accountable for the management of the Meeting & Events Operations. To drive and encourage sales in all areas possible, ensuring standards are maintained and customer service expectations are met. To manage and direct the daily operations, creating an atmosphere of productivity and teamwork amongst all employees within your control
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES / MAIN DUTIES
Training and development of staff to be carried out in order to achieve product and service standards as detailed in the SOP.
Total compliance with company and hotel accountancy procedures as laid down in accounts manual and established practices.
Liaise with function heads in order to ensure that Company practices and procedures are adhered to-seeking advice and guidance when necessary.
Compile staff rotas in accordance with anticipated levels of business giving due consideration to strengths and weaknesses of personnel available and ensuring that time sheets are submitted to the wages department in an orderly fashion.
Drive revenue and flex costs depending upon the business demands, ensuring payroll percentage is kept in line and revenue targets are achieved.
Establish, implement and maintain cleaning schedules throughout the department and where necessary ensure that training in relation to the handling of cleaning materials is carried out and understood, and maintain adequate records.
Ensure an effective two-way flow of communication from management to staff and vice versa.
Promote a helpful and professional image to the guest giving full co-operation to any client requiring assistance with a caring and helpful attitude.
Anticipate guests’ needs whenever possible to enhance quality service and in turn enhance client satisfaction.
To be flexible assisting around the Hotel in response to business needs
To be fully knowledgeable of all Menus and Drinks lists, Micros operation including managerial procedures, cashiering procedures, hotel rules and procedures.
Carry out quality training and coaching in a systematic and professional way to meet the needs of business.
Deal with customer complaints/compliments and authorise compensatory allowances within agreed function limits.
Promote teamwork within the department and other departments.
Support, lead and develop Supervisors within the department to ensure targets are achieved.
Organise, manage and control all aspects of the day to day operation of the outlets
Comply with and own the Health and Safety aspect, updating Risk Assessments and Health and Safety training.
What we look for
- Systematic and organised approach to all areas of work
- Ability to work under pressure and take on significant responsibility
- Strong leadership skills and an ability to lead a team to achieve the goals of the business
- Exceptional written and spoken communication and an enthusiasm to demonstrate this in client facing situations
- A flare for Meeting Room set up and servicing standards
- Ability to see the big picture (business goals) and the finer details (service standards) simultaneously
- Excellent time management and the ability to prioritise and delegate effectively
- Able to set and review budgets, manage costs and report these to senior management
- Ability to design and manage inventory systems, stock control procedures, logistics schedules and layout of facilities to improve overall operational efficiency
- Proficiency in word, excel, PowerPoint and a familiarity with Opera or other event/catering CRM system
Key Job Roles
- Supervise all staff for whom you are responsible and ensure those employees carry out the tasks within the job description to the company standard.
- Meeting Room Set up/Gala Dinner Set up
- Take responsibility for the appraisal process for those staff and help them to meet KPI's and progress in their roles
- Manage the event planning process within the company function sheet and change log, ensure it is used effectively and is at the centre of all process and procedure
- Work with M&E Operations Manager to drive weekly operations meetings to ensure all staff have the information they need to carry out their job roles
- Produce weekly logistic schedules compiling all top line event information, including but not limited to van allocations, loading times, driver details, departure times, venue information and details of all appropriate personnel
- Oversee profit & loss for each event, monitor patterns and report trends to senior management
- Oversee company service standards and monitor client satisfaction by ensuring that event managerhabitually ask for feedback
- Implement an efficient process through which the company can updateand improve procedures. Use this system to drive marginal gains in profitability and service standards
- Manage the ordering process for all equipment and consumables, delagating responsibility to the BOH Manager as required
- Oversee the working hours of all event managers, ensuring rotas are written effectively and in accordance with the required workloads
- Managing - Banqueting bar - service and pre-ordered drinks
- Running the meetings as per the function sheets
- Running Gala Dinners and COnference lunch/dinners
What's in it for you?
- Competitive starting salary and Holiday entitlement
- Discounted hotel rates for yourself and your family across glh. portfolio of hotels.
- A huge range of online benefits which allows you to claim discounts and cash back with thousands of different retailers and service providers
- The opportunity to work within an organisation committed to personal and career development
- Pension and Healthcare schemes
- Uniform (where applicable) and meals on duty