Maintenance Team Member
39 hours per week
The Cumberland Hotel is a 4-star deluxe hotel in the West End of London, just off Oxford Street. The hotel offers a combination of contemporary design throughout 1019 bedrooms, as well as meeting rooms and the modern Brasserie restaurant. The hotel also has its own destination Momentus bar, as well as a dedicated conference centre.
Our guests deserve the best and that means operating hotels with the highest standards of maintenance and upkeep. As Maintenance Operative you will have the opportunity to contribute towards a fabulous guest experience by working hard to maintain the fixtures and fittings of the building.
- Ensuring all defective fittings, breakdowns and malfunctions of equipment are fixed without delay
- Communicating effectively and working closely with other departments such as Housekeeping
- Ensuring that any emergencies are dealt with immediately and effectively minimising any serious occurrences, hazards or inconvenience to guests and colleagues alike
What we look for
- Positive, friendly individuals to join a like minded team
- NVQ electrician's qualification, experience in basic plumbing, basic carpentry, tiling and grouting skills and general handyperson skills with painting and decorating experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Total commitment to customer service
- Ability to work independently with minima
What's in it for you?
- Competitive starting salary and Holiday entitlement
- Discounted hotel rates for yourself and your family across the Guoman and Thistle group
- A huge range of online benefits which allows you to claim discounts and cash back with thousands of different retailers and service providers
- The opportunity to work within an organisation committed to personal and career development
- Pension and Healthcare schemes
- Uniform (where applicable) and meals on duty