Safety & Security Team Member - Security Host
Contract Type - Permanent
39 hours per week
Employment Type - Full Time
The Clermont Victoria is a very popular city centre venue close to many of London's famous landmarks and on the periphery of the busiest train station in Europe. This 345 bedroom hotel has recently undergone a £20m transformation and is a luxury 4 star deluxe hotel.
We are currently seeking a Duty Security TEAM MEMBER to join the teams in The Clermont hotels in Central London in order to ensure that we are safeguarding our hotels as well as our guests and staff, whilst providing a consistently high level of guest service.
Security Team Member:
- Maintains a presence in public areas and identifies any suspicious persons or objects,
- Reacts to all emergencies and takes appropriate action in respect of police, fire and local authorities or otherwise,
- Reports all security, health and safety and fire hazards taking whatever action is possible to eliminate risks to persons and property,
- Assists with Contractors requiring out of hours access in respect of Banqueting function set-ups/set breakdowns and maintains casual observation in respect of equipment associated with these events,
- Carries out a correct and efficient handover at the start or end of a shift and informs Safety and Security Team Leader of any incidents and events which may require further enquiry,
- Handles situations discreetly and without a resort to force, showing politeness and restraint at all times,
- Maintains the accuracy of daily Security Log and Security Reports and required by the Safety and Security Team Leader,
- The role has multi tasking element and you will me required to help colleagues from other teams or departments if it will be nesessary.
What we look for
We would love to hear from you if:
- You have SIA certification (obligatory requirement)
- You have a genuine passion for the hospitality industry and for delivering exceptional customer service You have a fantastic personality and love helping to create great experiences
- Confident computer user
- Have great communication skills
- Eligible to work in the UK and have right documents
What's in it for you?
- 20 days holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays
- Discounted rates on hotel rooms, food and drink across the glh group
- Interest free season ticket loans (conditions apply)
- Access to a 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- Pension and Healthcare Schemes
- Generous recommend a friend scheme
- Access to discounts and cashback through a huge range of retailers and service providers via our online benefits portal
- Great recognition program
- ...and many more!