Contract Type - Permanent
39 hours per week
Employment Type - Full Time
Amba Hotel Charing Cross
Refresh and recharge in the heart of London's Charing Cross in our 4 star luxury hotel. This grand railway hotel is just a stone's throw from Trafalgar Square and the Strand. Enjoy the buzz of London's busy city streets, world class shopping and entertainment before returning to the peaceful haven of Amba Hotel Charing Cross.
Join a winning team who currently ranks within the Top 20 on Tripadvisor across all London hotels. We have 9 meeting rooms, high ceiling Victorian design, with the largest capacity up to 200 guests. W have amazing views of Trafalgar Square and The Strand from the Terrace Restaurant and Bar
A fantastic opportunity has arisen here at the 4* Amba Charing Cross. We are currently looking for a passionate and enthusiastic Luggage Porter to join our Concierge team.
This is a great opportunity to join a friendly and welcoming team on a permanent basis, and help us to consistently deliver memorable moments and exceptional service to our guests in an iconic London location.
As a Luggage Porter, your main duties will include:
- To provide a consistent, high standard service and assistance to guests throughout their stay
- Maintain a courteous, attentive and friendly presence in the reception area to ensure exceptional customer service
- Proactively welcome all guests at the main entrance, taking particular note of repeat guests/VIP arrivals, relieving them of their luggage and guiding them to the reception desk.
- Deliver luggage and escort guests to rooms in an efficient manner and in line with hotel and brand standards
- Deliver messages, packages or other items to guestrooms or other areas of the hotel as required
- Assist departing guests with their luggage and transportation arrangements, by picking up luggage from guest rooms, and checking it, or bringing it to the entrance, loading it in the car, etc, as required by the guest.
- To assist the Head Concierge and Concierge team on duty as required by answering the telephone, taking messages, providing information, etc as required by the guest.
- Provide knowledge of the surrounding area, amenities, facilities and attractions to guests
What we look for
• A passion for great service and a drive for guest satisfaction
• Comfortable in a font line role facing the public
• Empathetic and able to build relationships
• An open personality who is relaxed and natural in their interactions
• Accurate with good attention to detail
• Able to create a positive first impression and be an ambassador for the Amba brand and glh
What's in it for you?
- Competitive starting salary and Holiday entitlement
- Discounted hotel rates for yourself and your family across glh. portfolio of hotels.
- A huge range of online benefits which allows you to claim discounts and cash back with thousands of different retailers and service providers
- The opportunity to work within an organisation committed to personal and career development
- Pension and Healthcare schemes
- Uniform (where applicable) and meals on duty