Contract Type - Permanent
40 hours per week
Employment Type - Full Time
Our Support Office a modern office located close to Old Street and Barbican in central London. This friendly open plan office houses several of the key support functions including Sales, Human Resources, Marketing and Central Revenue. Conveniently located with great transport links the office is the London base for the back office functions of Guoman and Thistle.
We are currently recruiting for a driven and hands-on Management Accountant with experience of group reporting for multiple entities. Reporting to the Finance Manager, he/she will work as part of the four-person Management Reporting team to deliver the monthly close activity with an emphasis on quality, timeliness and accuracy of information. The individual must be able to work under pressure and manage tight deadlines effectively.
- Key player in the monthly, quarterly and annual reporting activity, ensuring strict deadlines are met.
- Responsible for a number of central and hotel balance sheet accounts, including preparation and posting of period end journals.
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations with supporting documentation
- Support preparation of monthly management pack for parent company, including review of hotel commentary on financial performance
- Support preparation of quarterly consolidated reporting to the parent company and bank, including consolidated balance sheets and cashflows
- Business partner the central budget holders, reporting on monthly account activity and assisting with forecast and budget preparation
- Business Partner with the individual hotel FC/FDs, providing guidance and answering queries as appropriate and understanding variances to budget
- Business Partner with Project managers of major capex projects, monitoring spend in line with approved budgets and performing post investment appraisals.
- Responsible for the monthly payroll recording, working closely with the payroll department to ensure accurate recording of costs across the entire hotel portfolio
- Support delivery of financial reporting obligations to both internal, including parent company, and external stakeholders in a timely manner
- Preparation of statutory accounts and returns for UK and overseas entities
- Ensure Group Accounting Policy is adhered to
- Support implementation of, and compliance with, robust financial controls
- Support the Finance Manager with external auditors, providing information in such a manner to ensure an efficient audit
- Ad hoc project work as required
What we look for
- A history of driving best practice and a passion for continuous improvement
- Proactive, self-starter with the energy and enthusiasm to strive for success
- Hospitality and Leisure experience desirable but not essential
- Strong academics
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA Part Qualified or Qualified
- Strong IT Skills, including MS Excel (advanced), SAP and data warehousing system
What's in it for you?
- 20 days holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays
- Discounted rates on hotel rooms, food and drink across the glh group
- Interest free season ticket loans (conditions apply)
- Access to a 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- Long Service Awards
- Pension and Healthcare Schemes
- Generous recommend a friend scheme
- Access to discounts and cashback through a huge range of retailers and service providers via our online benefits portal
- Wonderful Person of the month scheme with cash prizes
- Childcare vouchers
- Staff refreshments on shift