Contract Type - Permanent
39 hours per week
Employment Type - Full Time
GLH Central Support Office
Our Support Office a modern office located close to Old Street and Barbican in central London. This friendly open plan office houses several of the key support functions including Sales, Human Resources, Marketing and Central Revenue. Conveniently located with great transport links the office is the London base for the back office functions of Guoman and Thistle.
• Analyse information from multiple data sources, evaluating results to draw actionable business conclusions for revenue maximisation
• Responsible for predicting consumer demand and optimising hotel inventory and price availability.
• Develop tracking mechanisms to understand revenue performance across the group to aid future decision making.
• Produce group reports used for strategic planning and assist in the analysis of these reports to determine appropriate revenue goals and strategy
• Provide guidance on revenue expectations to the Director of Revenue and other key stakeholders across the business for forecasting as requested.
• Consistent review of all competitors, reviewing demand, convention and city event calendars, maintaining data on competitor rates and maintaining historical data on events and performance.
• Conduct market research to evaluate vertical trending to help drive sales efforts in a more efficient direction
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders, including hotel Sales, Distribution and onsite Revenue Management teams at hotel locations
What we look for
● Degree level qualification in a relevant field would be advantageous but not essential
● At least 8 years experience in Hotel Revenue Management, Revenue Analyst/Optimisation/Hotel Sales role in full service 4 and 5 star properties
● Advanced level knowledge of Opera PMS, Opera Reservation Services and Sales & Catering
● Advanced level knowledge of using automated revenue strategy platforms - i.e. Duetto
● Significant demonstrable experience of using and understanding statistical analysis concepts, including correlation, causation, and regression analysis
● Knowledge and experience of how rates are distributed to and display on all four Global Distribution Systems
● Significant knowledge and experience using a channel management system - preferred: iHotelier, acceptable: EZ Yield, Rate Tiger, Siteminder
● Thorough understanding of hotel distribution systems - Pegasus/GDS/Internet
● Highly numerate (Maths grade C or higher at GCSE or equivalent)
What's in it for you?
- Competitive starting salary and Holiday entitlement
- Discounted hotel rates for yourself and your family across glh. portfolio of hotels.
- A huge range of online benefits which allows you to claim discounts and cash back with thousands of different retailers and service providers
- The opportunity to work within an organisation committed to personal and career development
- Pension and Healthcare schemes