Contract Type - Permanent
39 hours per week
Employment Type - Full Time
GLH Euston Office
Our Support Office a modern office located close to Old Street and Barbican in central London. This friendly open plan office houses several of the key support functions including Sales, Human Resources, Marketing and Central Revenue. Conveniently located with great transport links the office is the London base for the back office functions of Guoman and Thistle.
We are looking for a Distribution Manager to join the Customer Development team at glh Hotels.
- Support the development of overall pricing & distribution philosophies, principles, guidelines and revenue management methodologies for glh.
- Support the design and implementation of effective pricing structures and channel distribution strategies for all brands operating within glh.
- Ensure effective execution of distribution strategies and practices across all hotels.
- Ensure effective use of competitive benchmarking to drive improved sales, profit margin and customer price perception.
- Ensure effective use of all the Customer Development systems, reports and tools to drive improved sales, profit margins and customer price perception.
- Responsible for developing, updating, maintaining and delivering the distribution strategy across the business.
- Responsible for developing, updating and delivering distribution channel training across the business
- Responsible for maintaining supplier relations and evaluating new supplier to be able to deliver the best distribution solutions to the business
- Deliver detailed progress updates on initiatives through structured monthly meetings and bi-annual presentations directly to the Customer Development Team and where necessary to CEO and the executive team.
- Proactively work with the central data science team to understand how predictive models might best be applied to minimise risk and maximise profit through new opportunities.
- Ensure colleagues are kept informed of targets, objectives and key performance requirements and that they work collaboratively as part of the overall team within the property and company as a whole to deliver EP.
- Ensure through active monitoring that all business process and guidelines are adhered to.
- Assist in monitoring and to provide support and guidance based upon clear and actionable insights on results and/or targets of the hotel/value centre
- Develop and deliver all the training material necessary to support new business systems, practices, procedures and guidelines
- Monitor system process and usage across all hotels
- Support central functions, hotels and Value Centres with developing their knowledge and skills in Revenue Management
- Be able to plan and manage projects to deliver a diverse range of commissioned revenue optimisation projects
- Ensure that all expenses incurred are pre-authorised and within departmental budgets
What we look for
- Degree level or equivalent in a business related subject (e.g. economics, statistics)
- 3-5 years’ experience in distribution channels (e.g Sabre, Amadues, Web, Channel Manager
- Knowledge/understanding of changing legal landscape (e.g. OFT) Ability to communicate effectively at all levels with excellent presentation skills tailored to the audience
- Strong organisational and project management skills High levels of literacy, numeracy and analytical skills
- Proven ability to build strong networks and to develop key relationships both internally and externally Advanced communication, negotiation and influencing skills
- Working knowledge of Central Reservations Systems( i.e. Opera, SynXIs, iHotelier, Fidelio, HMS), Distribution Tools (i.e. Lanyon, EZYield, OTA Insights) , Web Platforms and GDS
What's in it for you?
- Competitive starting salary and Holiday entitlement
- Discounted hotel rates for yourself and your family across glh. portfolio of hotels.
- A huge range of online benefits which allows you to claim discounts and cash back with thousands of different retailers and service providers
- The opportunity to work within an organisation committed to personal and career development
- Pension and Healthcare schemes
- Uniform (where applicable) and meals on duty