Contract Type - Permanent39 hours per week
Employment Type - Full Time
GLH Central Support Office
Our Support Office a modern office located close to Old Street and Barbican in central London. This friendly open plan office houses several of the key support functions including Sales, Human Resources, Marketing and Central Revenue. Conveniently located with great transport links the office is the London base for the back office functions of Guoman and Thistle.
We're looking for candidates for the newly created role of Distirubiton executive to support our central revenue function at our Support Office.
As Distribution Executive you will be responsible for the support and implementation of glh pricing & distribution philosophies, principles and guidelines across our 17 hotels. You will also support the implementation of effective pricing structures and channel distribution strategies for all brands operating within glh.
Other key responsibilities will include:
- Support the effective execution of distribution strategies and practices across all hotels
- Support the effective use of competitive benchmarking to drive improved sales, profit margin and customer price perception
- Support the effective use of all the Distribution and Channel systems, reports and tools to drive improved sales, profit margins and customer price perception.
-Responsible for maintaining and delivering the distribution strategy across the business
-Responsible for updating and delivering distribution channel training across the business
-Responsible for maintaining supplier relations to be able to deliver the best distribution solutions to the business
- To assist in developing, updating and maintaining all systems with in the distribution’s team scope.
- To maintain the distribution helpdesk Ensure colleagues are kept informed of any changes to the systems that they use Ensure through active monitoring that all business process and guidelines are adhered to.
- Assist in monitoring and to provide support and guidance based upon clear and actionable insights on results and/or targets of the hotel/value centre
- Assist in developing and deliver all the training material necessary to support new business systems, practices, procedures and guidelines
- Monitor system process and usage across all hotels Ensure that all expenses incurred are pre-authorised and within departmental budgets
What we look for
1 years’ experience in reservations or distribution channels (e.g Sabre, Amadues, Web, Channel Manager)
Understanding of changing legal landscape (e.g. OFT)
Able to communicate effectively at all levels (verbally and written) and basic presentationskills tailored to the audience
To assist in supporting the hotels in delivering their targets both revenue and costs
To be able to deliver work in a timely manner which is accurate
To be organise their workload with the business requirement/needs at the forefront
Proven ability to build networks and to develop key relationships both internally and externally
To have knowledge of negotiation and influencing skills Working knowledge of Central Reservations Systems( i.e. Opera, SynXIs, iHotelier, Fidelio, HMS), Distribution Tools (i.e. Lanyon, EZYield, OTA Insights) , Web Platforms and GDS
What's in it for you?