Accounts Payable Administrator
Contract Type - Fixed Term
39 hours per week
Employment Type - Full Time
GLH Heathrow Office
Working as part of the AP Admin team monitoring invoice transactions to ensure they are correctly posted onto the financial reporting systems (SAP) and that exceptions are raised as queries and resolved in a timely manner. Reconciliations of suppliers accounts and working with suppliers and hotels to resolve queries quickly and efficiently. Assisting to validate travel agent commission claims, processing of invoices and other ad hoc AP tasks as required.
- Day to day invoice review, exceptions handling and resolving queries raised ensuring all delegated limits of authority are followed
- Supplier reconciliations and query management, specific responsibility of certain supplier accounts.
- Maintain strong relationships between the support centre, hotels and suppliers resolving queries quickly and accurately
- Validation of Commission claims received and onward processing be they UK or Foreign following the correct processing methods
- Have full knowledge of the company’s purchasing and payment procedures and policies and adhering to them with suppliers
- Answering and resolving internal and external calls and queries relating to supply invoices and payments
- Work with the team on reporting weekly/monthly figures on company dashboards/scorecards and other areas as required
- Managing incoming and outgoing post
- Ad Hoc related AP and finance work
- Comply with all company policies and procedures relating to finance and accounts payable
- Comply with all systems and procedures in line with company standards, particularly in relation to statutory and legal / HR guidelines
- The role may be requested to perform additional support activities for other areas of Central Accounts Payable as the business requires
What we look for
- Commercial Acumen – display an interest and understanding of issues relevant to the business and industry, keep knowledge up-to-date. Demonstrate operational knowledge and be comfortable with the mission, objectives, strategy and tactics (MOST) of the company.
- Customer Service – demonstrate a strong focus on service delivery; be thoughtful and thorough in building and maintaining relationships with internal and external customers. Understand and anticipate customer needs and strive to exceed expectations in this area by supporting internal and external customer service improvement initiatives.
- Personal Motivation/Passion and Drive – establish high performance standards and a drive for results. Strive for improvement to own skills, knowledge and behaviour. Take responsibility for achieving business results and persevere despite obstacles.
- Leading and Developing People – lead by example, motivating others and adapting leadership styles in different situations. Effective in assisting others to achieve set goals through delegation, training and development and performance management.
- Personal Adaptability – work comfortably and effectively in an environment of ambiguity or change. Tackle problems positively, receptive to new ideas and respond with flexibility and optimism.
- Communication – communicate information, decisions and change in a timely fashion. Demonstrate cooperation and trust with colleagues and teams. Inspire others to excel by clearly communicating business values and direction. Listen carefully when accepting the input of others. Demonstrate effective written and oral communication.
- Teamwork – work efficiently and effectively in a team environment to achieve shared business targets and goals. Respect and support your fellow colleagues to ensure excellent service delivery to all internal and external customers.
- Integrity – understand and take into account the global nature of the business and work well with team members from other cultures and countries. Listen effectively, understand other points of view and maintain a high level of professionalism at all times.
What's in it for you?
- Competitive starting salary and Holiday entitlement
- Discounted hotel rates for yourself and your family across glh. portfolio of hotels.
- A huge range of online benefits which allows you to claim discounts and cash back with thousands of different retailers and service providers
- The opportunity to work within an organisation committed to personal and career development
- Pension and Healthcare schemes
- Uniform (where applicable) and meals on duty